So many things can go wrong when a home is empty; a supply hose can split, a valve may not close, or a pipe can break.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) September 16, 2011
Flood Kings, the water removal service, provides advice regarding water damage threats to unoccupied homes. Rental homes that sit empty, houses for sale, homeowners who go on extended vacations, and vacant apartments are all at risk.
“So many things can go wrong when a home is empty,” said Todd Snyder, President of Flood Kings. “A supply hose can split, a valve may not close, or a pipe can break. All of these can result in serious flood damage. It can destroy a home in a matter of hours.”
Flood damage can destroy a home in a matter of hours. Not only is there water to get rid of, but carpeting, furniture, drywall and appliances will also be ruined. Flood Kings urges those with vacant properties to follow these tips:
- Shut off the water valve to the home if it will be vacant for more than a week.
- Turn off the water heater so it does not boil dry.
- In a property for sale, eliminate the conditions leading to mold, which is not only harmful to health but also can lead to lawsuits. Speedy mold removal is essential.
- Keep all major appliances in working order, including the air conditioner handler. A leak in condenser pipes can overflow the drip pan, causing devastating damage to ceilings, floors and walls.
- Designate someone to check the property regularly for leaks, storm flooding in basements.
- If the water supply is not shut off, ask someone to run sinks and flush toilets at regular intervals.
Among the major concerns about flooding is the lingering damage it can do to the drywall, furniture and flooring. It can also damage adjoining units in a multi-family home and create severe structural problems. Mold and mildew are always a big problem, especially in warmer months. They thrive in carpeting, so complete water removal is essential.
“We specialize in carpet restoration,” Snyder said. “We can remove almost all the moisture from carpeting using highly specialized, professional equipment.”
Time is of the essence in water removal. Flood Kings provides water cleanup and mold mitigation for homes and commercial properties of all sizes in the Dallas and Ft Worth areas as well as Arlington, Plano, Frisco, Richardson, McKinney, Addison, Southlake, Keller, Flower Mound, Colleyville, Grapevine, Lewisville, Trophy Club, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Haltom City, Cedar Hill, The Colony, Denton, Carrollton, Watauga, Burleson, Weatherford, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westover Hills, Irving, Mesquite and Garland.
For media information, contact Todd Snyder at 812-312-5478 or http://www.floodkings.com/.