"We hope to give parents the much needed insights to navigating through a process that's very complicated."
New York City, New York (PRWEB) September 15, 2011
On Sunday, September 18 at 9pm ET, TestingMom.com is hosting a free tele-seminar to answer the most asked questions by their members. A few of the questions that will be addressed during this informative tele-seminar are:
- If I haven’t started preparing my child for the test, what should I focus on between now and the time she’s tested?
- What are the pros and cons of speaking multiple languages to our child when it comes to testing a child as young a 3 or 4 years old? What is recommended for testing purposes?
- My child is shy? How do I get her comfortable with a stranger who gives her the test?
- What do I do 2-3 days before my child takes the tests to make sure they are ready?
- What if the test proctor thinks my child has been “prepped”? Does my child get disqualified?
- How long does the test take? How long does it take to get test results back and how do I see the test my child takes?
Parents can sign-up for the free tele-seminar for Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 9pm ET.
Karen Quinn, the Testing Mom and co-founder of TestingMom.com, said "With tele-seminars we're able to reach parents who can't attend our in-person events. It's a great way for parents to get the much needed information they need to know by just calling via the phone."
Michael McCurdy, co-founder of TestingMom.com and NYC gifted and talented parent expert, said, “Our members have said our tele-seminars have provided much needed information that they haven't been able to find anywhere else. It gives us a way to speak directly to our members, no matter where they are located."
TestingMom.com now has over 8,000 practice questions in their extensive inventory of original test prep materials for concepts commonly-used intelligence tests, including the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, OLSAT test, WPPSI - ERB test (Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence), the Bracken School Readiness Assessment, the CogAT (Cognitive Abilities Test), and the NNAT (Naglieri Non-Verbal Ability Test).
About Testing Mom, LLC: is an online-based membership service for parents seeking prep materials and expert guidance on Gifted and Talented admissions. The company was founded last year by Karen Quinn, author of the New York Times Bestselling The Ivy Chronicles and Testing for Kindergarten and inventor of IQ Fun Park: Test Prep Disguised as a Game, and Michael McCurdy, one of the most popular “daddy bloggers” in New York City with his New York City Gifted and Talented Blog.