(PRWEB) September 19, 2011
Bluff Manufacturing continues to expand its product line of material handling and warehouse safety equipment with innovative solutions that increase efficiency and reduce costs. The company's newest product is the cantilever rack system, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com/products/cantilever/cantilevers.htm, a superior storage solution for large, bulky items with a wide range of lengths and size proportions.
According to Andrea Curreri, Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Bluff Manufacturing, the cantilever rack is an economical and efficient alternative to the conventional pallet rack system.
"Our cantilever racks maximize space both vertically and horizontally, which is a better option for safe storage and quick retrieval of large items," Curreri explains, noting the all-structural steel fabrication ensures a long life for the cantilever rack. "Each cantilever rack is custom designed for an ideal configuration specific to each customer's needs and storage space."
The horizontal load carrying arms of the cantilever rack system extend outward from a single column, while pallet rack design includes front columns that limit the length of the load and therefore diminish access to storage. Because they are not restricted by front columns, cantilever racks provide full horizontal access with no lost storage space due to rack structure. Additionally, the removal or picking of product is expedited by increasing the ease of access to the products. This easy access enhances the retrieval efficiency and minimizes potential damage often caused by horizontal or vertical obstructions.
Below are significant benefits of using a cantilever rack in a warehouse or dock facility:
- Custom design based on the size, shape, and weight of product, along with the physical characteristics of the storage space and equipment.
- Minimize footprint of storage space while maximizing vertical and horizontal space density usage.
- Capitalize on the higher lifting capacity and operational capability of current lifting equipment.
- Avoid the expense of product loss/damage through bypassing the pile-up method of on-the-floor storage and stacking.
- Reduce handling time and enhance efficiency of inventory control/management through improved accessibility to storage space.
- Minimize cost of damaged product from storage structure obstacles.
- Economy of saving increases significantly as load length, height and bulkiness increases
- Simple installation, low maintenance and rugged operation increase the life of your cantilever racks.
For more information and design specifications about the cantilever rack system, go to http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com. To place an order, call Bluff Manufacturing toll free (800) 433-2212.
About Bluff Manufacturing
For more than 40 years, Bluff Manufacturing has been recognized as an innovative leader in the fabrication and design of high quality dock, warehouse, and safety equipment. Bluff Manufacturing, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com, whose customers include Frito Lay, Lumber Liquidators and ABF, is the only company to meet the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) MH30.2 standard, ensuring the highest quality products and providing customers with the greatest possible value. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Bluff Manufacturing serves the entire U.S. through a national distributor network, and the company’s 11 distribution warehouses ensure quick delivery of the standard items in the company’s product line including yard ramps, dock boards, dock levelers, wheel risers, and safety barrier product Crash Guard.
Bluff Manufacturing acquired B&L Structures, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com/b_and_l_products.htm in June 2010, expanding its portfolio to include mezzanine structures, stairways, conveyor crossovers and support structures, and caged and ships ladders.