The new site better showcases the work of ACI-NA on behalf of our more than 350 North American member airports, which are critically important for commerce and economic development for their local communities and provinces.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 16, 2011
Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) has launched a redesign of its website at http://www.aci-na.org. The new design is intended to better serve the needs of its airport and associate members by focusing on the most relevant content and providing enhanced functionality with improved navigational aids.
“We’re pleased to introduce the redesigned website, http://www.aci-na.org, as the definitive resource on airports for our members and stakeholders,” said ACI-NA President Greg Principato. “The new site better showcases the work of ACI-NA on behalf of our more than 350 North American member airports, which are critically important for commerce and economic development for their local communities and provinces. The new design encourages visitors to learn about ACI-NA’s 17 committees and provides easier access to data, news and available business opportunities in the airport industry,” concluded Principato.
The re-designed home page boasts two new features:
- Call to Action: At the top right of the home page, the site features a ‘call to action’ quote from ACI-NA President Greg Principato which links to a supporting document and a specific call for member action on legislative, regulatory or other industry issues.
- Slide-Show Marquee: The slide-show feature, located just below the navigation bar on the home page, is designed to draw visitors deeper into the website or ACI-NA blogs by highlighting the latest news, blogs and conferences.
Additionally, each committee section now offers a one-stop, all you need home page for each of the 17 ACI-NA Committees. These home pages list the latest committee news and upcoming events including webinars, conference presentations and resource materials.
Other Key Improvements:
- The Communication hub of the home page features quick access to all ACI-NA blogs, social media outlets, news and publications.
- The Education hub of the home page features quick access to upcoming ACI-NA events, ACI’s Global Training, and the most recent presentations.
- The Job and Business Opportunities hub of the home page features quick access to two of the most visited locations of the site, job opportunities and RFP offerings, which is now more prominently displayed at the bottom of the home page.
Airports Council International - North America represents local, regional and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. ACI-NA member airports enplane more than 95 percent of the domestic and virtually all the international airline passenger and cargo traffic in North America. More than 350 aviation-related businesses are also members of the association, which is the largest of the five worldwide regions of Airports Council International.