Bringing students to one of the best-kept secrets on the West Coast.
Dunsmuir, CA (PRWEB) September 19, 2011
This month marks the launch of FireWhat University, a series of training classes to be offered by FireWhat Inc. The company will host California State Fire Marshal curriculum courses and other emergency service training classes at its Dunsmuir, California headquarters. The initial class offering will include Fire Command classes, Basic Pump Operations, Basic Emergency Vehicle Operations, Basic Life Support and Community CPR.
FireWhat is excited for the opportunity to host these classes in Dunsmuir. Bringing students to one of the best-kept secrets on the West Coast will help the local economy. FireWhat has teamed up with local restaurants, lodges, and businesses to provide package deals for students while they attend classes in Dunsmuir. Students can enjoy the stunning landscape, great cuisine and unparalleled hospitality of this small town. Hiking, fly-fishing and world class skiing are just a few of the recreation options that students can take advantage of in their downtime from rigorous training with FireWhat’s first-rate instructors.
Over the next few months, FireWhat will broaden its offering of firefighter training courses. The intent is to bring together students and instructors in a new type of environment. Course offerings will focus on helping students make the next step in their fire career. In the near future FireWhat will offer courses in an online format to make every class available to every firefighter, no matter their location.
FireWhat class schedule:
California State Fire Marshal Classes:
- CFSTES Fire Command 1A - Command Principles for Company Officers: 11/07 - 11/11/11
- CFSTES Fire Command 1B - Incident Management for Company Officers: 11/14 - 11/18/11
- CFSTES Fire Command 1C - I-Zone Fire Fighting for Company Officers: 12/12 - 12/16/11
- FSTEP Basic Pump Operations: 11/04 - 11/06/11
- FSTEP Basic Emergency Vehicles Operation: 11/11 - 11/13/11
American Heart Association CPR Classes:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers: 9/26/11
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers: 10/31/11
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers: 11/28/11
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers: 12/19/11
- Community CPR: 9/28/11
- Community CPR: 11/30/11
For more information and a full class schedule, visit the FireWhat University website (preview below).
About FireWhat Inc.
FireWhat Inc. is a start-up company founded by two professional firefighters and an MIT grad. FireWhat's mission is to provide a professional platform that inspires the highest quality of emergency service training and education. Through development of web and mobile products, FireWhat Inc. seeks to update the antiquated delivery of emergency services training and to incorporate innovation into a technology-deprived industry.