We have a streamlined workflow for all our development. As result, I think we use our time and money very efficiently.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) September 20, 2011
Real Software, creator of cross-platform software development tools, today announced that Ayenbee Group, a manufacturing company based in Pakistan, has accelerated production of its motorcycles with smart software controls developed in Real Studio. Within one year of developing smart software controls for inventory, assembly lines, paint line and testing equipment, Ayenbee began producing 100 motorcycles per day. Because of the applications, Ayenbee has streamlined workflow by 15% and saved more than $500,000 by building equipment that would otherwise be imported. Additionally, the company has saved thousands of dollars in software development costs, reduced water and paint costs by 10% and energy consumption by 5%.
- In 2006 Omar Abbasi, Director of Engineering for Ayenbee Group in Pakistan, was challenged with the enormous task of designing an entire motorcycle manufacturing plant.
- Omar had worked with other software tools in design stages to simulate mechanical processes at Ayenbee’s other plants in the past, but he was looking for a cross platform solution that was easy to debug and deploy. The company uses Mac computers, but in rare circumstances where temperatures exceed 120 degrees F, they use special hardware that runs on Windows.
- He discovered Real Software’s development tool Real Studio when a free copy was included in a magazine. After creating various demos, he soon realized it was simply the best presentation tool for developing interactive apps to simulate and demonstrate mechanical processes.
- Omar decided to use Real Studio to help design the motorcycle plant. He developed applications to control (in real time) almost every aspect of the facility including inventory, assembly lines, paint line and testing equipment in about six months. The company began using it in the testing area and its use spread to multiple areas within the company, including developing and pricing automotive wiring systems, electrical testing of automotive wiring systems, testing lights and electrical systems and a suite of real time apps automating other assembly lines.
The Real Solution
Omar was able to develop efficiently using Real Software because of the following features:
- Localization: Real Studio is available in 9 languages and applications can be localized into as many languages as appropriate. Additionally, with full support for Unicode built-in, Real Studio allows applications to support multiple languages simultaneously.
- Cross platform deployment: Real Studio makes it possible to develop software on one platform and deploy on multiple platforms with native-looking results.
- Rapid application development: Real Studio is a rapid application development environment that gives programmers the power to write, test and ship software four times faster than C++ or Java.
- Automation: With Real Studio’s “Build Automation” feature, users can visually drag and drop build steps to execute common actions, like copying files and running IDE scripts, before and/or after an application is built. All of this can be done from within a given project.
- Code Editor: The Real Studio code editor includes an auto-complete feature that helps users write code faster with fewer errors by offering suggestions on valid syntax. Also included are code assistants that are a contextual menu of syntax options that help users code faster and with fewer errors.
Supporting Quotes – Omar Abbasi, Director of Engineering, Ayenbee Group
- “Developing the software proved to be one of the most painless and predictable of the tasks. Despite lack of experience with anything other than Mac, deployment on Windows machines proved to be seamless.”
- “We have developers struggling with other software tools, but I have not needed to employ anyone else for Real Studio development.”
- “We have a streamlined workflow for all our development. As result, I think we use our time and money very efficiently.”
- “We’re continuing to develop new applications all the time.”
About Real Studio Real Studio, is a full-featured cross-platform software development tool suited to creating a wide range of applications, from utilities to enterprise-class applications. Real Studio Personal Edition for Windows, Linux or Mac OS X is priced at $99 and is geared for hobbyists and students. Real Studio Professional Edition, required for cross-platform (Mac OS X, Windows and Linux) compilation, is $299. Real Studio Enterprise Edition, made for full-time developers, is priced at $995, and the ability to develop and deploy on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and the web. Real Studio Web Edition is now available and priced at $599. For more information or to download Real Studio today, visit Real Software at http://www.realsoftware.com/download.
About Real Software Real Software provides Real Studio, a cross-platform desktop, console and web development tool. Real Software was founded in 1996 and is based in Austin, Texas. For more information visit http://www.realsoftware.com or call 866.825.2114.