IT professionals need to implement an end-to-end governance strategy, applied at varying levels of an SOA project and utilizing a range of technologies.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) September 26, 2011
Service-oriented architecture (SOA) governance allows businesses to effectively manage the consistency, predictability, change and interdependencies of services. However, no single governance product is comprehensive enough to address the multiple elements of an enterprise SOA—particularly as SOAs extend beyond the data center and into private and public clouds. Instead, IT professionals need to implement an end-to-end governance strategy, applied at varying levels of an SOA project and utilizing a range of technologies. This approach provides a stable solution to complex policies and redundant services by maximizing the quality and trust within a service network.
WSO2 will provide enterprise architects and software developers with an overview of proven governance best practices to address these demands in a dynamic one-day workshop, “Governing the Enterprise: On-premise & Cloud.” The technical workshop, which runs 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., is being held in two locations:
· Palo Alto, CA, Monday, October 3, to register visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-october-palo-alto-governing-the-enterprise-workshop.
· New York, NY, Wednesday, October 5, to register visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-october-new-york-governing-the-enterprise-workshop.
Real-world Examples Bring Key Concepts to Life
Leading the workshop will be two SOA experts. Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture, has more than a decade of experience in SOAs and scalable distributed systems. Senaka Fernando is a WSO2 associate technical lead and product manager. Both Asanka and Senaka are Apache Software Foundation (ASF) committers. Additionally Senaka is an elected member of ASF.
Together Asanka and Senaka will review the key concepts of governance in the modern enterprise, common challenges, and proven patterns for on-premise and cloud governance implementations. The lively and practical sessions will include brief demonstrations using the award-winning 100% open source WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform and WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform, and WSO2 Stratos platform-as-a-service (PaaS).
Workshop session topics will include:
· Managing Risk in the Enterprise: This session will cover best practices for identifying risk and proven steps for mitigating it.
· Building a Governance Model: Attendees will be walked through the process of defining a typical governance model using WSO2 Carbon.
· Lifecycle Management: Asanka and Senaka will use the WSO2 Governance Registry and related tooling to build a prototype lifecycle model and walk participants through the lifecycle management process.
· Compliance and Audit: This session will focus on defining a model of formal verification of and validation IT functionality, as well as discussing compliance, best practices, and industry trends such as the Jericho Forum.
· Introducing & Managing Change: Asanka and Senaka will cover some of the important aspects—including processes and people—that IT professionals need to consider in introducing and managing change.
· Portability & interoperability: Attendees will learn how “governance done right” can address the portability and interoperability concerns that enterprise integration teams and solution architects face on a daily basis.
· A Hybrid Governance Model: On-premise + Cloud: This final session will cover the definition and design of a hybrid governance model spanning across on-premise and cloud systems.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
# # #