Seattle (PRWEB) September 21, 2011
Corbis Images (http://www.corbisimages.com), a leading visual media provider for the creative community, today announced a new online Portfolio that highlights the extensive inventory of its nine signature collections that range from commercial images, to unforgettable moments in history to natural wonders and iconic celebrities.
The Corbis Portfolio collections also reveal the stories behind the images from contributors and art directors. These stories, many shared for the first time, highlight how a particular image was shot, the challenges, and the series of details required to capture the subject, preserve the mood or record that key moment in time. These behind-the-scenes stories from the eye of the photographer provide a new perspective for customers as they view and learn about the new Portfolio collections.
"Each of our nine Portfolio collections has a distinct personality and purpose and empowers the creative community to solve any story telling need,” said John Cosley, Vice President of Marketing at Corbis. “Whether it’s shooting up-close images of an African elephant or having access to the hottest entertainment events and celebrity photo shoots, our contributors and art directors do whatever it takes to capture spectacular photography.”
The Corbis Portfolio collections feature a broad range of commercial, editorial and historical images, including:
- Outline™: Candid, intimate and exclusive studio portraits of today’s most iconic celebrities.
- Blink: Realistic and expressive images capturing today’s youth and their everyday experiences.
- Crush: Conceptual photography using timeless props and backdrops.
- Ivy: Authentic shots showcasing people in everyday business and lifestyle situations.
- Fancy: Stock compositions in contemporary, casual and elegant settings.
- Terra: Up-close wildlife images captured from the most remote corners of the world.
- Encyclopedia: Microscopic subjects are beautifully magnified turning science into art.
- Latitude: Nature’s great wonders with strong conceptual dimension and aesthetic appeal.
- Bettman Archive: Historical photo album with more than 11 million irreplaceable images of key world events, social and cultural moments.
Visit the new online Portfolio http://www.corbisimages.com/portfolio to tour Corbis’ signature collections.
About Corbis Images
Corbis Images is a leading visual media provider for advertising, marketing and media professionals, providing a comprehensive selection of stock photography and illustrations. Corbis Images has exceptional creative, documentary, archival, fine art, current events, and entertainment images to help the creative community produce distinctive work for web sites, magazines, newspapers, books, television, and films. Corbis Images serves its global customer base through its renowned Sales & Service teams and its fast, intuitive web site at http://www.corbisimages.com. Corbis has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia that serve more than 50 countries.
Corbis on Twitter: @CorbisImages
Corbis Images on Facebook: CorbisImages
Corbis Images on YouTube: CorbisComms