(PRWEB) September 25, 2011
Most luxury hotel rankings are based on the rates for the most expensive suite a hotel has to offer. However, Luxury-Hotels.com decided to take a different approach for this survey; its rankings are based on the rate for the standard double room. In other words, the rankings reflect the minimum amount required to stay at the hotel. For the survey, an average rate for each hotel for the period from June through August 2011 was calculated, resulting in the rankings below.
With an average rate of $2455, the Maia Luxury resort and Spa in Anse Louis in the Seychelles was found to be most expensive hotel in the world. Second is the Hotel Pitrizza in Porto Cervo, Italy, where the nightly rates average $2335. Porto Cervo, the small luxury retreat in Sardigna's Costa Smeralda, boasts two more hotels in the top 10: the Hotel Cala di Volpe and the Hotel Romazzino. The most expensive hotel in Africa is the Royal Marrakech, which ranks third in the survey with an average rate of $2327 per night.
Below are the rankings for the 10 most expensive luxury hotels in the world:
1. Maia Luxury Resort & Spa (Anse Louis, Seychelles) $2455
2. Hotel Pitrizza (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2335
3. Royal Mansour (Marrakech, Morocco) $2327
4. Hotel Cala di Volpe (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2286
5. Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa (Lithgow, Austalia) $2119
6. Hotel Romazzino (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2115
7. La Réserve (Ramatuelle, France) $2112
8. Jumeirah Dhevanafushi (Maldives) $2106
9. Saffire Freycinet (Cole’s Bay, Australia) $1576
10. Gora Kadan (Gora, Japan) $1459
For more information about this survey and its methodology, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/most-expensive-hotels.html
Luxury-Hotels.com is one of the leading providers of luxury and boutique accommodations, connecting customers more than 6000 properties in over 60 countries worldwide. Our website boasts the latest luxury hotel deals and seasonal promotions, with discounts of up to 60% off regular rates. Meanwhile, our magazine includes the latest news on upscale accommodations and details regarding the most famous hotels in the world. Luxury-Hotels.com is an affiliate of Expedia, Inc.