Grand Rapids, MI (PRWEB) September 25, 2011
Back to school means crayons, notebooks, packed lunches and more teen drivers on the road. Driving safety may not be the first thing on your teen’s mind when school season is in full swing, but teaching your teen safe driving practices may be the first thing on a parent’s mind.
“We want drivers to be as safe as possible, especially during the school year,” says Eric Kappler, Foremost Assistant Vice President of Auto Product. “Also, Foremost offers a multi-car discount, which can save teen drivers money when all family vehicles are placed on one policy.”
Getting behind the wheel can be a big responsibility for any teen, especially driving during the busy school year. As a parent, it may be hard to send your teen off to school as a young driver, but arming them with safety knowledge can help them be a more confident driver and give you some peace of mind.
Foremost shares some teen driving tips for you to share with your young scholar:
- Wear seatbelts.
- Don’t speed.
- Keep your hands on the wheel at all times.
- Be a defensive driver. Not everyone on the road is going to be as safe as you, watch out for other unsafe drivers.
- Don’t drink or do drugs. This impairs judgment for driving and could potentially end in a fatality.
- Pay attention to the road while driving. Don’t get distracted with cell phone, radio, or passengers. Driving is a very important responsibility.
- If you are driving a sibling, make sure you are following the state laws regarding seatbelts, boosters or car seats.
- Be aware of bus stops, school zones and walkers and bikers.
Teen driving safety is important all year around and Foremost wants you to be safe wherever the road takes you.
To learn more about Foremost products or share feedback, visit http://www.Foremost.com, our blog http://blog.foremost.com, our Facebook page http://www.Facebook.com/ForemostInsurance or our Twitter page at http://www.Twitter.com/Foremost.
A part of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, Foremost Insurance Group ("Foremost") has been a leader in personal lines insurance since 1952. Foremost is headquartered in Caledonia, Michigan. Farmers is a trade name and may refer to Farmers Group, Inc. or the Farmers Exchanges, as the case may be. Farmers Group, Inc., a management and holding company, along with its subsidiaries, is wholly owned by the Zurich Financial Services Group. The Farmers Exchanges are three reciprocal insurers (Farmers Insurance Exchange, Fire Insurance Exchange and Truck Insurance Exchange), including their subsidiaries and affiliates, owned by their policyholders, and managed by Farmers Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information about Farmers, visit http://www.Farmers.com.