Tennis Greats Tracy Austin and Taylor Dent Join Tennis Fantasy Camp Roster; Tour de France Veteran Ryder Hesjedal and Teammates Gear Up for Cycling Camp Maui; Legendary Surfer Dave Kalama Ready to Shoot the Waves with Vacation Campers
Maui, HI (PRWEB) September 23, 2011
At Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Maui’s first and only AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star Resort, what will they think of next? How about a series of Unforgettable Events to help keep the resort’s active lifestyle guests enjoying peak performance. The calendar of events continues into the new year. Here is what is coming up to for fall and winter:
- Tennis Anyone? Learn from The Top Pros, November 16-20: Imagine instruction from some of the world's top legends, including new additions to the lineup Tracy Austin and Taylor Dent, replacing Lindsay Davenport who recently announced her pregnancy. They join Tom Gullikson, Jose Higueras and Corina Morariu. They will meet you at center court for four days of high-energy practice. This fantasy camp is at the award-winning Wailea Tennis Club and is hosted by Four Seasons Resort Maui. Tennis Fantasy Camp is for adult players ranging in skill from recreational to tournament level. Match Point.
- Cycling Camp Maui, December 3-9: Experience cycling in much the same way as those on the ProTour. Plan to join Tour de France veteran and Canadian Olympian Ryder Hesjedal and Go Cycling Maui when they return to Maui to present this weeklong cycling camp. Geared to riders with modest to advanced fitness and experience, the camp offers instruction and training by Hesjedal and several of the world's most competitive riders. And, after experiencing the beauty and changing terrain of Maui, you will end each day back at home base—Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea.
- Maui Surf Camp, December 4-9: In a destination where surfing is a way of life, you will have an exclusive chance to learn from Hawaii’s legendary waterman Dave Kalama. He is best known as a renowned big wave surfer who co-developed tow-in surfing. He also has been featured in several films, including the surf documentary Riding Giants. The multi-day Maui Surf Camp will include classes and on-water instruction to introduce wave aficionados to the basics and finer points of hanging ten.
- Yoga Retreat: The Body, Mind, Spirit Equation, February 27 – March 3, 2012: Cultivate your physical, mental and spiritual health at an unforgettable yoga retreat featuring Kathryn Budig. A young and widely recognized face in the yoga world, Budig’s playful mixture of challenging classes, her infectious love for yoga, and her joyful personality become the stage for a truly inspiring retreat played out on the stunning Wailea Beach and in other special natural Maui settings.
- Sneak Peak—Now In the Planning Stage: Check Out the Stars Under the Stars at the Maui Film Festival, Coming Mid-June 2012. Come celebrate the 13th season of this ever-popular festival of cinematic vision which showcases dozens of the best new releases—from studios to independents to world cinema—as well as the summer's best short films. Plan to attend many special events including Four Seasons’ "A Taste of Chocolate," a night to indulge the palate while mingling with the festival's celebrities, filmmakers and international film lovers.
For details on prices and how to book, go to: http://maui.fourseasons.com/edition/unforgettable-events .
About Four Seasons Resort Maui, (http://www.fourseasons.com/maui)
Maui’s first and only AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star resort is nestled on 15 acres of the breathtaking Wailea coast. The 380-room oceanfront property is world-renowned for its comfortable opulence, impeccable service and luxurious amenities. The resort is also home to one of the nation’s top-rated spas and three of Hawaii’s most acclaimed restaurants – Ferraro’s Bar e Ristorante, Spago Maui and DUO, a premium steak and seafood restaurant.