(PRWEB) September 30, 2011
As the school year begins, thousands of children are busy getting back to school, preparing for another year of learning. Kids across the country are meeting new bus drivers, teachers, and also making new friends in their classes. Parents need to be wary of the people they entrust with their children.
Peoplefinder.com reminds parents to be cautious about the backgrounds of the people who will be supervising their children while they are on their way to school, at school, and spending time with new friends. How much do parents know about the people they trust with their children? Sometimes, it’s up to the parents to ask the right questions and do their homework, which can be done using a people finder service. Peoplefinder.com suggests parents think about the following considerations when helping their children adjust to the new school year:
- Stranger safety- Teach children about safety with strangers. The phrase “Don’t talk to strangers” is a good starting point, but further explanation is necessary in order to avoid dangerous situations. Be sure they know to avoid being coerced into a home or vehicle, or accepting gifts.
- Wait with the children - Walk children to the school bus. It is important to be sure the child gets to the bus safely.
- Who are the neighbors? - Check the sex offender registry in your area. You can do a search on the National Sex Offender Public Website to learn about registered sex offenders in the area.
Choose safe walking routes - If a child walks to school, be sure to plan out a route. This route should have crossing guards stationed at intersections. Avoid alleys, less-than-safe areas, and vacant lots.
- Be concerned about details - Find out who will be responsible for driving kids to field trip destinations, and record their first and last names. Use Peoplefinder.com to look up their public records information to be sure their driving record is clean.
- Being Home is Important - Whether children walk or take the bus home from school, someone should be home when they arrive. Many child disappearances occur between the bus stop and home.
- Research new friend’s parents - Use Peoplefinder.com to perform a people search and check the first and last names of parents before allowing children to play at their new friend's house. Peoplefinder.com will search public records that results in the most accurate, up-to-date information to assure the people supervising children are safe.
It is important to raise awareness of safety, and Peoplefinder.com puts the resources into the hands of parents through public records search. “Is my child safe?” is the single most important question to a parent. Peoplefinder.com strives to be the ultimate resource for parents in ensuring their children’s safety.
People Finder is a resource for people searching online. In addition to free people search, PeopleFinder has search portals for public records services, such as background checks, cell phone directories, criminal records and more. PeopleFinder provides comprehensive white pages that give instant access to billions of records.
Digimedia owns and maintains one of the highest-regarded generic domain portfolios in the world. Properties include PeopleFinder.com Recipes.com, FantasyFootball.com, Charis.com, Dress.com, Trips.com, Clinic.com and many more. Digimedia’s core goal is to help people by using each domain as a foundation. Digimedia is passionate about investing, building, and providing information.