San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 29, 2011
To meet growing demand for premium short-form video content Metacafe, Inc., today introduced the Metacafe Entertainment Network (M.E.N.), a collection of owned-and-operated sites and preferred publisher partners that together represent a first-of-its-kind online entertainment network for young men that super-serves movie, game and action sports enthusiasts and is all video, all the time.
Designed to keep today’s male 18 to 34 year-old entertainment enthusiasts in the loop on what’s trending in the categories they care about most, M.E.N. features more exclusive, original and curated short-form video entertainment content in the categories of movies, games and action sports than any other digital media company.
“In today’s digital media world, there are two things brand advertisers care about most: Close association with premium content and broad reach among a target demographic,” said Erick Hachenburg, CEO of M.E.N. “The Metacafe Entertainment Network addresses both priorities and is a natural evolution of our business and shifting media consumption habits from TV to more interactive forms of entertainment.”
Premium online video content is changing the way consumers think about entertainment and how brands approach advertising. Recent research from Frank N. Magid Associates revealed that 39 percent of men ages 18 to 34 watch online video content daily and that among this group the computer now outpaces the television as the primary medium for entertainment. With the launch of M.E.N., Metacafe is meeting this demand for great content and creating scalable ways for marketers to connect with this hard-to-reach demographic.
“Metacafe is known for its signature style of showcasing trending entertainment stories with a comedic edge and celebratory tone that keeps our viewers coming back for more every day,” said Steven Horn, vice president of editorial programming for M.E.N. “We’re now taking this one step further, introducing our unique approach to total curation with new videoblog-style properties called ‘Loops’ that super-serve avid fans. We will also be introducing new original made-for-the-Web shows that provide a unique perspective on the week’s top entertainment stories.”
M.E.N. flagship properties include:
- MetaMovies: Celebrating the movies guys love with insider access, exclusives and the best clips
- MetaGames: Featuring the must-see trailers, clips, walkthroughs and perspectives on the hottest games
- Loops: Deeper curated dives into the movie, game and entertainment genres guys love including:
- Sci-Fi Loop: From creatures to space odysseys, the best clips and sci-fi commentary
- Horror Loop: If it bleeds, it leads – so much video for the horror fan it’s frightening
- Gamer Loop: The people and personalities powering games and the gamer universe
- Hook: The must-see videos in entertainment that have the whole Net watching
- Babes: The badass babes you must see from movies, video games and TV
- Live Sports: Primo action sports events all in one place, live and on-demand
- Preferred Publisher Partners: Targeted entertainment sites that prominently feature M.E.N. video content, including the breakout hit celebrity interview series “Metacafe Unfiltered,” which drives millions of video views each month.
About M.E.N.: Video Entertainment for Guys
The Metacafe Entertainment Network – M.E.N. – is the leading creator, programmer and distributor of short-form video entertainment for guys. We specialize in movies, video games and live action sports, keeping today’s M18-34 entertainment enthusiasts in the loop on what’s trending in the categories they care about most. We’ve partnered with premier content providers in each category we cover, and our dedicated team of editorial experts and production specialists delivers a steady stream of original, exclusive and handpicked video entertainment content that drives hundreds of millions of video views each month – on our owned-and-operated sites and via preferred publisher partners. A privately held company, Metacafe, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in New York City, Los Angeles and London.