In the era of agile commerce, commerce platforms like Demandware’s will increasingly be leveraged to power many consumer shopping and buying touchpoints.
(PRWEB) September 12, 2011
Demandware®, Inc., a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced new Open Commerce APIs that are designed to empower its clients and partners to quickly and securely build shopping widgets and experiences -- including transactions -- external of the native Demandware Commerce platform. These scalable web APIs enable commerce innovation by allowing outside web applications and enterprise software to interface with all Demandware Commerce shopping functionality, ensuring that the product, promotion, account and brand experience are consistent to the consumer across all brand interactions.
Included as part of the Demandware Commerce platform, the Open Commerce APIs allow clients to leverage investments in existing merchandising, store and supply chain applications by extending commerce capabilities consistently to any number of emerging enterprise and consumer touch points. Retailers and brands can more efficiently extend enterprise and commerce functionality to Facebook applications, shoppable blogs, mobile and tablet applications, and even recommendation widgets inside POS, to better serve the needs of connected and empowered consumers who interact with brands across multiple touch points. Key commerce features – including product, catalog, search, promotion, customer account, cart and checkout – will be safely exposed through RESTful APIs so clients have everything they need to build a complete shopping and buying experience.
Additionally, the Open Commerce APIs provide several benefits for both the business and developer communities that will use them.
Business Benefits of Demandware Open Commerce APIs
- Commerce beyond web channels: Integrate and utilize key customer, product and/or promotional data in-store through interactive display windows, QR and barcode scanning, handhelds and kiosks.
- Speed of adoption and data portability: Retailers can quickly build and deploy native mobile and tablet applications with the confidence that the product, promotion, account, and brand experience are consistent for the consumer across every interaction. All interactions will utilize the same data from the APIs.
- More creative flexibility: Marketers and developers can now work more closely to achieve the desired brand experience, unrestricted by proprietary programming languages.
- Easier and faster business results: Demandware maintains the entire set of Open Commerce, standards-based APIs, so retailers don’t have to build and maintain their own.
Technical benefits of Demandware Open Commerce APIs
- World-class technology without the operational burden: Open Commerce APIs provide key management, documentation and access to the Demandware community to create an API and developer program without operational complexities.
- Fast, easy and collaborative innovation: Demandware’s defined and structured set of Open Commerce APIs allow a large community of developers to quickly and confidently create the next great brand experience.
- Secure third party development: Through unique key issuance, each retailer can grant access to developers and control individual, API-level feature permissions and preferences.
- Standard language and easier access to resources: Developers can work in languages in which they are already familiar (Java, PHP, etc.). They can also innovate faster by leveraging a large Demandware community of developers, producing revenue-driving applications that are portable across the community.
- Lower cost: Open Commerce APIs enable the rapid development of simple and reusable system-to-system integrations, reducing cost and resources, and making it easier to keep up with current and future consumer interaction requirements.
“With the automatic delivery and management capabilities of our Open Commerce APIs, retailers and brands can drive new innovation to consumer devices faster and easier than before without the operational burden of building their own API framework,” said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing at Demandware.
Open Commerce APIs will be available to all retailers, branded consumer manufacturers and partners who operate the Demandware Commerce platform. For information, visit http://www.demandware.com or call 888-553-9216.
Demandware is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit http://www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email info (at) demandware (dot) com.
Demandware is a registered trademark of Demandware, Inc.
Office: 978-499-9250 x238 Mobile: 603-205-6344
Email: Demandware (at) matternow (dot) com
Corporate Communications Manager, Demandware
Office: 781-425-1228 Mobile: 603-743-4534
Email: cmajor (at) demandware (dot) com
# # #