Appcelerator’s trove of award recognitions underscores Titanium’s usability, extensibility and economic advantages for developers and brands looking to seize opportunities in the mobile landscape.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIF. (PRWEB) March 27, 2012
Appcelerator® today announced it has earned a string of industry awards for its achievements as the leading mobile platform company. Appcelerator’s flagship platform, Titanium™, is used by more than 1.6 million web developers to build native, hybrid and HTML5 mobile apps. Appcelerator’s platform has garnered recognition from the following:
- SIIA’s CODiE Award finalist for “Best Use of Open Source Technology”
- AlwaysOn’s “OnDemand Top 100”
- Edison Nominee for “Best New Product in Innovative Services”
- MobileTrax’s Mobility Award in the "Mobile Software: Application Development (Consumer)" category
- Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area”
- Lead411’s “2012 Hottest Silicon Valley Companies”
“Appcelerator’s long-standing commitment has been to help our customers and developer community to be as successful as possible. To do this, we are continuously improving our Titanium platform so that it can deliver greater value to advance their mobile strategies,” commented Jeff Haynie, co-founder and CEO of Appcelerator. “We are honored that these esteemed organizations recognized our company, products and approach. We will continue to innovate in order to help our customers and developer community stay ahead of the mobile and app development curve.”
Appcelerator Titanium Platform Receives Top Honors
Appcelerator’s trove of award recognitions underscores Titanium’s usability, extensibility and economic advantages for developers and brands looking to seize opportunities in the burgeoning mobile landscape.
Titanium’s top honors include:
- SIIA CODiE Award Nominee for Best Use of Open Source Technology: Presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), this award honors the best commercial software or services solution developed from open source code. Titanium is a finalist in the “Best Use of Open Source Technology” for significantly enhancing the cross-platform mobile application development landscape.
- AlwaysOn OnDemand Top 100: This honor goes to game-changing approaches and technologies that are disrupting existing markets and entrenched players. Appcelerator won in the “Cloud Application Platforms” category for creating new opportunities in cloud computing, and was selected based on a set of five criteria: innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value, and media buzz.
- Edison Award Nominee for Best New Product in Innovative Services: Now in its 25th year, this annual highly-regarded award showcases the best ideas and excellence in the development, marketing and launch of new products and services. Appcelerator Titanium was selected a finalist in the “Best New Product: Innovative Services” category for its innovation, creativity, and ingenuity in raising the bar in mobile development across the global economy.
- MobileTrax Mobility Award in Mobile Software Application Development: The finest mobile and wireless products and services are honored with a Mobility Award. Appcelerator Titanium was selected as a finalist in the “Mobile Software: Application Development (Consumer)” category for having an impact on the mobile industry.
Company Growth on Fast Track
Appcelerator is experiencing rapid growth as it helps companies scale their mobile strategies. Over the past year, the company has attracted top-tier investors including Sierra Ventures, Mayfield Fund, TransLink Capital, and Relay Ventures, and opened a London office. The following award recognitions further demonstrate the company’s achievements.
- Silicon Valley Business Journal’s Best Places to Work: The “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” is an annual ranking that is assessed by employee opinion surveys. Earning a spot on the list endorses how Appcelerator’s leaders are committed to providing a corporate culture that fosters creativity, financial security and employee recognition.
- Lead411 Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley: Lead411 ranks the hottest and fastest growing companies across various regions on an annual basis. Of more than 3,000 companies in Silicon Valley, Appcelerator was selected as one of the top 80 “Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley” based on the company’s growth.
This latest string of recognitions comes on the heels of Appcelerator’s recent GSMA Global Mobile Award, where judges named Titanium “Best Cloud-Based Technology.”
To learn more about Appcelerator and its award-winning mobile cloud products, visit: http://www.appcelerator.com.
Appcelerator’s Titanium is the leading mobile platform of choice for thousands of companies seizing the mobile opportunity. With more than 35,000 applications deployed on 40 million devices, Appcelerator’s award-winning Titanium Platform leverages over 5,000 mobile device and operating system APIs to create native iOS and Android apps, and HTML5 mobile web apps. Customers who standardize on the Titanium Platform get to market 70% faster and can quickly optimize business results with analytics-driven insights into user behavior and app performance. Open and fully extensible, Titanium makes it easy to integrate data, content and services from a variety of sources into mobile applications to leverage best-of-breed capabilities. Appcelerator Cloud Services (ACS) provides instant social, location, communication and content features for user-centric mobility. ACS is pre-integrated into the Titanium Platform and is also separately available for all mobile developers and publishers. Appcelerator’s worldwide ecosystem includes 1.6M developers and hundreds of ISVs and integration partners. Please visit http://www.appcelerator.com.
Appcelerator is a registered trademark of Appcelerator Inc. Appcelerator Titanium is a trademark of Appcelerator Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Ignite Public Relations
Tel: Tel: 650.227.3280 #101