The hands-on sessions will address top challenges facing enterprise IT professionals today, including application development, integration and governance—both on-premise and in the cloud.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) April 18, 2012
WSO2 today announced that WSO2 Vice President of Engineering Samisa Abeysinghe will be the featured presenter at two technical workshops in May. The hands-on sessions will address some of the top challenges facing enterprise IT professionals today, including enterprise application development, integration and governance—both on-premise and in the cloud. The one-day WSO2 workshops, which are being held in the San Francisco Bay Area, are:
· “Developing Enterprise Applications on the WSO2 Platform,” May 1, 2012, Palo Alto, CA: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-may-palo-alto-developing-enterprise-applications-on-the-wso2-platform-workshop.
· “Enterprise Integration and Governance,” May 2, 2012, San Francisco, CA: http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2012-may-san-francisco-enterprise-integration-and-governance-workshop.
Developing Enterprise Applications on the WSO2 Platform
· How to develop Web services in Java whether service-enabling existing assets or developing and deploying Java code as a SOAP Web service in the WSO2 Application Server using JAX-WS, or a REST API using JAX-RS.
· How to develop and deploy a Tomcat-based Java Web application in the WSO2 Application Server.
· How the WSO2 Carbon Studio integrated development environment (IDE) can accelerate and simplify the development, testing, and deployment of Web services and applications.
· How to power front-end user experiences and dashboards through gadgets hosted in the WSO2 Gadget Server.
· How to use the WSO2 Mobile Services Gateway pattern for API management of mobile applications.
· How to take advantage of hosted applications in either a WSO2 StratosLive public cloud or WSO2 Stratos private cloud within an organization.
Enterprise Integration and Governance
Samisa will deliver the “Enterprise Integration and Governance” workshop jointly with WSO2 Associate Technical Lead Senaka Fernando. Together, they will provide a high-level architectural understanding of how an enterprise service bus (ESB) fits within a service-oriented architecture (SOA) along with the key concepts of governance in a modern enterprise. Topics will include:
· An overview of ESB architecture, including the role of an ESB within a SOA and the benefits of loosely coupled application architectures.
· How to achieve efficient integration and widespread adoption, using enterprise integration patterns, ESB mediation, API management, and master data management (MDM).
· The ESB as a component of process orchestration, security, governance, complex event processing (CEP), and business activity monitoring (BAM).
· How to build a governance model with the WSO2 Governance Registry.
· Best practices for managing the lifecycle of enterprise applications.
· Approaches for managing risk while planning and scheduling change.
· The use of API management and enterprise application stores.
· An examination of real-world use cases to showcase common patterns and anti-patterns.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.