An Environmentally friendly printing process is no longer an option; it’s a requirement
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA (PRWEB) January 09, 2012
In a time when the need to be environmentally conscious is becoming more-and-more apparent, Craig Kelman & Associates are leading the publishing industry with their green printing practices. From utilizing a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified paper supplier to magazine content that encourages readers to reuse and recycle, Kelman are living these important values.
“An Environmentally friendly printing process is no longer an option; it’s a requirement,” said Cole Kelman, co-owner, and Vice President of Craig Kelman & Associates. “Kelman’s Commitment to ‘greener’ printing and business in general is made apparent by our processes.”
Craig Kelman & Associates are showing their commitment to the environment through the following actions:
- Use of lighter publication stock that consists of recycled paper provided by a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified supplier.
- Using computer-to-plate technology reduces the amount of chemistry required to create plates for the printing process. The resulting chemistry is neutralized to the extent that it can be safely discharged to the drain.
- Printing magazines using vegetable oil-based inks.
- During the printing process, using a solvent recycling system that separates the water from the recovered solvents and leaves only about 5% residue. This results in reduced solvent usage, handling and hazardous hauling.
- Ensuring that an efficient recycling program is used for all printing plates and all waste paper.
- Within the pages of each issue, we actively encourage our readers to REUSE and RECYCLE.
- In order to reduce our carbon footprint on the planet, we utilize a carbon offset program in conjunction with any air travel we undertake related to our publishing responsibilities for the magazine.
If interested in using a magazine publishing company that employs an environmentally friendly process to print magazines, contact Craig Kelman & Associates.
Craig Kelman & Associates
+1 (204) 985-9786