Terrazzi polished concrete flooring system is the fastest and cost effective flooring installation system!
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 03, 2012
The Latest Polished Concrete Flooring System
The Terrazzi Concrete Refinishing System, available exclusively from Duraamen Engineered Products, is a cost effective polymer modified concrete resurfacing system that produces a very attractive polished concrete finish on floors and walls. At the heart of the system is a specially formulated concrete resurfacing compound called Arapido that can be sprayed onto any hard surfaces like concrete, gypcrete, etc. While still wet, it is impregnated with a proprietary blend of fine aggregates, recycled glass and crushed marble called Cast-On. When dry, it forms a hard, durable concrete coating.
When subsequently polished to bring out all the nuances of the cement-aggregate matrix, the Cast-On coating not only gives the concrete surface a distinct, attractive appearance but also protects it against damage from corrosion and abrasion. These properties make the Terrazzi System an ideal choice for architectural concrete applications where cost, durability and aesthetic concerns are critical.
Advantages of the Terrazzi System
1. The Terrazzi System offers a number of significant advantages over conventional concrete refinishing methods. Because it is a liquid polymeric system applied by means of an airless, diaphragm pump specially developed for spraying Arapido, it can be applied to at least 20 thousand feet of concrete surface per day using a crew of only four to five people. And because the system consists exclusively of zero VOC materials, it can be used for interior or exterior applications without the need for special ventilation. It also eliminates many of the installation limitations associated with hand trowel tools and the materials required for their use.
2. Arapido can even be sprayed over damaged or out-of-level substrates when Param 4500 self-leveling concrete underlayment is applied before spraying to correct any imperfections such as cracks, potholes, pitting or non-water soluble adhesives such as carpet glue, tile mastic, etc.
3. The system accepts integral color pigments, chemical stains, dyes and water based stains to create unlimited combinations of color and texture, and the resulting hard, smooth surface has excellent bond strength, superior abrasion resistance and freeze-thaw stability.
A Wide Variety of Applications
1. The Terrazzi Concrete Resurfacing System can be used over a self-leveling concrete surface to achieve a polished concrete floor. Arapido can also be sprayed over Gypcrete, enabling it to be subsequently stained or dyed.
2. The system is also ideally suited for resurfacing pool decks and for refinishing stamped concrete without harming its stamped texture. Because concrete poured at different times can look different for a number of reasons, spraying with Arapido is a fast, easy way to achieve a consistent look over the entire area. Even worn out, dull looking stamped concrete driveways, walkways and patios can be renewed to their former attractive appearance.
3. The Terrazzi System can also be used on both horizontal and vertical concrete surfaces. In fact, any type of vertical surface – even a ceiling – can be resurfaced quickly and easily. The Arapido sprayer puts on a very smooth, fine concrete finish without air pockets, thus creating a very smooth finish. Magic trowels can be used to give subtle color movement and a fresco finish if desired.
For more information on the Terrazzi Concrete Resurfacing System, visit Duraamen website.