• Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner. Therefore, party hosts should ensure that none of their guests drive home after they have consumed alcohol.
San Rafael, CA (PRWEB) January 05, 2012
The holiday season is winding down and the team at Costello & Sons Insurance knows that local residents have likely been planning for get-togethers with family and friends. While the house may be decked out and the food ready to serve, there is one thing that party hosts may have forgotten to consider. This year, the experts at Costello & Sons Insurance want to ensure that everyone’s holiday gatherings are happy and that they do not lead to any unexpected California home insurance claims.
Therefore, the professionals recommend that their clients and all California residents consider the following before they open their doors to holiday guests:
- Candles are a staple for festive gatherings, but ensure that these are not placed anywhere that they could easily be knocked down or come into contact with flammable fabrics like drapes and couch cushions.
- When planning the party, be sure to avoid foods that young guests could easily choke on such as nuts, hard candy, grapes and popcorn.
- In addition, be aware of any food allergies that guests may have.
- Don’t leave food on the cooking range since this can easily lead to a house fire. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires.
- Once guests enter a home, they become the responsibility of the homeowner. Therefore, party hosts should ensure that none of their guests drive home after they have consumed alcohol.
By keeping these things in mind, homeowners can ensure that they can focus on throwing a memorable bash, instead of worrying how the night’s events may affect their California home insurance. Some people may even consider increasing their insurance coverage on the special date. Regardless of the situation, the knowledgeable team at Costello & Sons Insurance can help!
About Costello & Sons Insurance:
Costello & Sons Insurance is a third-generation brokerage with roots in downtown San Francisco. The California insurance agency has grown to over 2,000 clients and over $45 million in premium, which puts it in the top 15 percent of brokers in the nation. With offices in Northern and Southern California, Costello & Sons Insurance is a regional insurance broker that is small enough to know its clients by name and large enough to insure clients with worldwide operations.