Everyone has their own unique values, talents, and experiences, and a resume is insufficient at showcasing all people have to offer hiring managers. -- Andy Von Kennel, TruYuu
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) January 04, 2012
TruYuu (http://www.truyuu.com), an online service provider that provides people the information, resources, and tools to get into better fitting and more satisfying jobs, is the essential place to kick off your New Year’s career resolution.
With 2012 upon us, it is time to take control of your career and kick the New Year off with a resolution to find job satisfaction. According to U.S. News, nine out of 10 people will make a resolution for 2012. Unfortunately, 88 percent of those resolutions will fail.
To keep a resolution, job seekers need a plan of action. Andy Von Kennel, co-founder of TruYuu, offers the following five steps:
1. Make your goals challenging. If you make the goals challenging, then you are more apt to push yourself to achieve them.
2. Set realistic goals. When setting goals, make sure you are not reaching too far too soon -- don’t skip the necessary steps it takes to get to the ultimate goal. If it is unrealistic at this time, it won’t be later...as long as you take small methodical steps to get there.
3. Hold yourself accountable. Check in with yourself regularly. You may even want to keep a task chart or calendar that outlines what you should be doing each day in order to attain your goal.
4. Publicize them. This may sound scary, but if you make yourself accountable in front of others, then you will work even harder -- and, eventually, they will start holding you accountable as well. Most people don’t want to fail publicly, or feel like they have let everyone down...rather than just themselves.
5. Reward yourself for progress. Make sure to reward yourself when you reach certain milestones. It should be something work-related -- and maybe even something you need to get yourself on track for the next steps in your action plan, such as software or technology that will help you. It can also be something small, but just make it something that you appreciate so you will stay motivated to keep going.
TruYuu, a free job matching site, is the best place to start. TruYuu enables job seekers to present themselves as more than just a resume, thus giving them a unique advantage over the pool of other job applicants. Through an online assessment, members gain detailed insights into their specific talents, values, and more — all wrapped up in a unique and sharable URL, their TruMee.
A user’s TruMee profile allows them to differentiate themselves and gives potential employers a more complete profile than just a resume. Members are also able to receive private interview invitations from hiring managers based on the employer’s specific needs.
“Everyone has their own unique values, talents, and experiences, and a resume is insufficient at showcasing all people have to offer hiring managers,” said Von Kennel. “With TruYuu, your true potential is recognized and matched with a job that will offer fulfillment and success.”
With world-class partners like SHL, the global leader in talent assessments, and Burning Glass, and an increasingly growing job database, TruYuu offers something that most companies don’t — TruFit (or high-fit) job opportunities generated weekly based on your TruMee talents in combination with resume and geography. In addition to its mission, “To empower people to achieve their professional potential,” its fundamental belief is to put people before paper.
“People deserve the ability to standout based on their talents when hunting for a job,” said Von Kennel. “Although we understand the value resumes have for summarizing skills and experience, we know that one document is not predictive job performance. A person’s values and talents are ultimately the keys to finding the right fit at a new job in 2012 and beyond. Armed with validated insights from TruYuu, job seekers are sure to be part of the 12 percent of resolutions that succeed.”
A free TruYuu membership includes private invitations from hiring managers, your TruMee infographic, and 20 high-fit jobs delivered to you and updated weekly. You also have the option to purchase your assessment reports for $20. These detailed reports contain more than 30 pages of professional insights into your talents, emotional intelligence, leadership style and more. Those interested in downloading their reports for free can use the code TY1NEWYR until January 31, 2012.
TruYuu’s suite of career tools in conjunction with SHL’s world leading assessment brings a person’s talents, leadership style, emotional intelligence, and values forward, and then privately matches them with high-fit job opportunities. Find out how by visiting http://www.truyuu.com.