Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) January 05, 2012
For individual transportation companies looking to be part of a larger organization or simply sell their company, 2012 is your year according to Ahern and Associates, Ltd.; the nation’s leading trucking and logistics acquisition firm.
Ahern and Associates announces fourteen open acquisition needs from clients ranging from well known public companies to regional carriers, logistics agents, private equity firms and everywhere in between. Ahern’s current client base is seeking opportunities for expansion into every corner of the country whether you’re a regional carrier, freight broker, asset or non-asset based, intermodal or independent contractor company.
The following open acquisition needs are to be filled immediately and can close in as little as 60 days:
Acquisition client 1 is a fast growing logistics company looking for freight brokers that are between $4MM-$10MM of annual revenue.
- Management must be willing to stay and grow the business.
- Gross profit margins must be 15% and higher.
- Client is looking to acquire 5 opportunities in 2012
Client 2 is a well recognized flatbed company looking to acquire an asset base profitable carrier located in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming or Colorado.
- Revenue should be between $10MM to $50MM and company should be profitable.
- Looking for a company that has an agricultural component (tractors, farm implement equipment/ oil & gas pipe movements construction equipment).
- Client would like to close opportunity within first or second quarter of 2012.
Acquisition client 3 is a larger family owned business looking to expand their non-asset business model and is looking to acquire a non-asset based intermodal focused broker:
- Company must demonstrate experience in the IMC space.
- Must be profitable and have willingness to structure an “earn out”.
- Client willing to pay a multiple of EBITDA based upon earning performance.
The client is looking for an opportunity to expand the business. Small brokers that believe growth can be achieved with a strong financial partner are good candidates.
The fastest growing logistics company in the country is looking to acquire freight brokers that are looking for growth opportunities:
- Minimum revenue - $10MM.
- Maximum revenue - $100MM.
- Client is willing to pay market EBITDA for a company that demonstrates consistent growth and profit over the last 3 years.
- Closing can be completed in 60-90 days.
- Management must be willing to stay for at least a 3-5yr period.
Client 5 is a private equity firm looking to acquire a profitable specialized flatbed carrier in the Western States.
- Must be profitable – minimum of $1MM EBITDA.
- Revenue should be $20MM-$100MM.
- Should be involved in specialized and over dimensional movements.
- Not interested in crane and rigging business.
- Will purchase an asset based carrier.
Client 6 is a well known private equity firm that’s been in the industry for many years and is looking in two specific areas:
1. Logistics providers that generate in excess of $100MM of annual revenue with the following requirements:
- Minimum EBITDA – $5MM.
- Must have a strong management team.
- Management team must be willing to stay and go forward.
- They will pay between 5 – 7 times EBITDA, based upon revenue size and EBITDA.
2. Air freight forwarders:
- The air freight forwarder needs to have a substantial amount of business overseas, preferably in Asia or China.
- The company has to generate a minimum of $5MM of EBITDA
- The client is willing to pay a very favorable price for a company that is profitable and has a strong management team.
Acquisition client 7 is a trucking company with the following requirements:
- They are looking for opportunities in the following areas: Texas, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Missouri, South Carolina, Colorado, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and North Carolina.
- The length of haul has to be under 700 miles – they’re not interested in cross country or teams, and no less than truckload.
- The company is interested primarily in van carriers that do not haul specialized equipment and are not interested in cross border work.
- Potential company must be non-union and must have a satisfactory DOT safety rating – if you have a conditional or unsatisfactory, they will not consider.
- They’re looking for companies that generate $20MM - $70MM of annual revenue
- Potential deal can close within 60-90 days.
Family owned business working to expand. The client will look at several different types of opportunities.
- A company tank operation that hauls food, juice, wine, liquid and fertilizer.
- Revenue would be between $4MM-$12MM annually.
- Target areas would be; Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington and Oregon.
As an alternative:
- A company refrigerated carrier.
- Revenue between $5MM- $10MM
- Target areas: Arizona, California, Washington and Oregon.
Client would prefer company equipment.
Client 9 is looking for agents, but their program is very unique.
- They’re part of a publicly owned corporation and are willing take over the “entire back office as well as buy trailers and lease them back or buy trailers and put them into your system.
- They have an asset truck following in their overall company “foot print”.
- The company charges approximately 5% of the line haul revenue, plus insurance for cargo legal liability and bodily injury property damage.
- They offer quick pay and fuel discounts and may consider financing tractors.
- The client does the billing, collecting and credit checks as well as the receivable financing and the safety and DOT.
- Client will review asset and non-asset based companies.
Acquisition client 10 is a publicly traded company looking for carriers that specialize in ocean or rail intermodal.
- Client would prefer independent contractors with gross revenue of $10MM and up and that the company is profitable and wants to become part of a larger organization.
Additionally, this client is looking for companies that specialize in over the road van operations, as well as flatbed operations.
Client 11 is a well-known West Coast company that generates $200MM - $300MM of annual revenue.
- They’re looking in 3 specific areas in the California area:
1. Intermodal drayage companies that are predominantly independent contractors.
2. Less than truckload carriers that are predominantly independent contractors.
3. Traditional van carriers that are predominantly independent contractors.
- The company is willing to pay a fair price and can close quickly.
Acquisition client number 12 is a large well-known trucking company looking to acquire dedicated contract carriers. They want to acquire companies that have 3 – 5 year dedicated contracts that are written and pay all miles.
- They’re willing to pay 4 – 6 times EBITDA based upon size of revenue and profitability.
- They’re not interested in automotive contracts within the auto industry.
- They are historically looking for company owners looking for an exit strategy and want to stay on for some time period.
Client 13 is a well known non-asset based flatbed carrier looking to expand.
- Ideal revenue size $5MM- $50MM.
- Must be predominately an independent contractor.
- Marginal profitability is acceptable.
- Ideal locations would be; Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, North & South Carolina.
Client 14 is a well known company that is non-asset based and looking to acquire independent contractor businesses.
- Minimum revenue $50MM
- Must be profitable with diverse customer base.
- Van, flatbed, refer
- Must have satisfactory CSA no conditional companies.
These are clients that have signed contracts with Ahern and are currently looking for opportunities. In some instances, Ahern has sold them companies in the past, and they’re looking to acquire additional companies. In other cases, the acquisition searches are new.
If your company is a match to any of these needs, or you know of a company that is a potential match, you are urged to contact Andy Ahern at 602-242-1030 immediately.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.:
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability. For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.Ahern-Ltd.com
Jason W. Jantzen
Phoenix Marketing Associates