BYOF Day has been designed with feedback from IKEA fans in mind and is dedicated to those fans and their friends. It’s full of the unique IKEA experiences shoppers have told us they want more of.
Conshohocken, PA (PRWEB) January 10, 2012
As the Life Improvement Store, IKEA strives to improve life at home, for the many. With this in mind, on January 14th, the retailer will host a national in-store shopping event offering IKEA fans a day full of their favorite IKEA experiences to share with friends. IKEA knows that friends like to shop together - BYOF Day, which stands for Bring Your Own Friend Day, is designed to reward IKEA loyalists, and their friends, with perks, activities and giveaways.
Friends can visit the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page to RSVP for the event. While there, they can print offers for a free blue bag, free breakfast, and buy-one-get-one lunch in-store on BYOF Day. Users also can chose their “IKEA Shopping Team” and invite their Facebook friends to join them with customizable invites. For each friend invited, IKEA will donate $1 to Save the Children, up to $50,000.
“At IKEA, we are always looking for another way to improve the lives of our customers,” says Marty Marston, Product Public Relations Manager, IKEA U.S. “BYOF Day has been designed with feedback from IKEA fans in mind and is dedicated to those fans and their friends. It’s full of the unique IKEA experiences shoppers have told us they want more of.”
BYOF Day participants should look forward to the following in-store offerings:
- Food Specials: Friends love to bond over food. Offers for free breakfast, and buy-one-get-one lunch can be downloaded on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page. Dishes made with items from the Swedish Food Market will be sampled throughout the day, and recipe cards will be handed out so friends can re-create their favorites at home.
- Life Improvement and Home Furnishings Seminars: Each store will host a Life Improvement or home furnishings seminar offering tools, inspiration and product suggestions to help people improve the way they live. Find out which seminar is being offered at your store on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
- Ask a Home Furnishings Expert: Those looking for design advice from the experts can bring their challenges in-store where specialists will be on-hand to offer customized solutions.
- Gift Card Giveaways: To reward loyal customers, each store will give away five mini shopping sprees of $200 each.
- Complimentary Massages: To relieve the stress of the everyday, complimentary chair massages will be offered by certified massage therapists from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- Free Blue Bags: Who doesn’t love the IKEA blue bag? Pick one up for free by printing out the offer on the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
- Tons of Savings: So you and your friends can shop in style and save on new lower price products for your home.
To learn more about BYOF day offers and details specific to local stores, people can visit the BYOF tab on the IKEA Facebook page.
Beyond this one-day special event, IKEA shoppers can continue to get more out of each IKEA store visit by becoming an “IKEA FAMILY” member. Membership perks include special discounts, gift card giveaway entries with each purchase, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant and more. On BYOF Day, shoppers will have the opportunity to sign up for the ongoing rewards program.
Connect with us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/IKEAUSA) and follow us on Twitter (@DesignByIKEA).
IKEA strives to be ‘The Life Improvement Store,’ and since its 1943 founding in Sweden, has offered home furnishings of good design and function, at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. There are currently more than 330 IKEA stores in 40 countries, including 38 in the U.S. IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings company, incorporates sustainable efforts into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information, go to IKEA-USA.com.
# # #