Portland, Ore. (PRWEB) January 09, 2012
The Portland Incubator Experiment (PIE) invites you to view the innovative 2011 class of start-ups. Selected from hundreds of original program applicants, eight start-up companies will take the public stage for the first time, with eight minutes or less to showcase what leading brands have deemed “disruptive technologies.”
Demo presentations will be followed by a meet & greet reception with the startups and respected members of the tech, brand, startup and investor communities. The demonstrations are open to the public, which kicks off at 2:30p.m. at Portland’s Bagdad Theater. The event will also be streamed live at http://www.piepdx.com/demoday
With several companies already generating significant investor interest and funding, this is your chance to see PIE’s eight technology start-ups unveiled.
Event: Portland Incubator Experiment’s Demo Day
Date: Tuesday, January 17
Time: Doors open at 2:00p.m.; demos start at 2:30p.m.
3702 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97214
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
- Athletepath: “The first complete race platform” that helps athletes set goals, understand their race results, and inspires movement for the next challenge.
- Cloudability: Helps every Cloud user, from startup to corporation, to “cover their *asS” by revealing spend and waste in Cloud service purchases.
- DailyPath: Helps you “Build the life you want” one step at a time with short, actionable lessons, progress tracking, and social motivation.
- MoPIX: “Creating the post DVD experience” by empowering video producers with a framework for quickly and easily releasing custom branded iOS apps- complete with feature length films.
- Revisu: “The fastest way to get your designs approved” Revisu lets design teams and clients review design files in the cloud for quick feedback and approval.
- Spotsi: “Reveals the stories you want to know around locations” through tours delivered via Spotsi’s mobile discovery and sharing platform.
- Stayhound: Use social network connections for something besides status updates. Stayhound leverages your social connections to "Find awesome pet sitters."
- VendScreen: “Makes dumb vending machines smart” by retrofitting existing vending machines with touchscreen, Android-based devices that helps operators meet Federal requirements and deliver relevant content.
The Portland Incubator Experiment (PIE) is a partnership between Wieden+Kennedy, leading brands and technology innovators. It’s a collaborative center where brands, tech and culture meet to explore and redefine brand experiences, serving as a hub for community, entrepreneurship and creative thinking. To learn more about PIE, visit http://www.piepdx.com
For members of the media:
Members of the media will be given the opportunity to meet with representatives from PIE and the graduating companies.
To secure interviews, email joscelyn(at)liaisonpr(dot)com