While no one can fix mistakes that were made in the past, everyone has the opportunity to prevent repeat accidents in the future.
Missouri City, Texas (PRWEB) January 12, 2012
The team at Murray Insurance & Financial knows that during the busy winter season, business owners may be more focused on starting the year on a strong note than taking steps to prevent an accident or insurance claim. However, since both of these things can be costly, it’s best to be proactive in preventing them. Many companies have Texas general liability insurance to cover the cost of claims related to injuries and faulty products, but these policies do have limits.
The experts at Murray Insurance & Financial want all local companies to start the year off on the right foot, so they have compiled a list of the top five things business owners should do now in order to reduce their odds of filing a claim on their Texas general liability insurance:
1. Set a high, companywide standard for quality control. This should encompass both products and customer service.
2. Ensure that company records are up to date and complete. Having every business transaction in writing and in an easy-to-find place will be helpful in the event of a liability claim.
3. Train all employees on how to use business equipment and on how to keep themselves safe and healthy at work.
4. Ask the company’s insurance provider if it would be beneficial to obtain an umbrella policy in order to cover costs that exceed the limit set by the company’s Texas general liability insurance.
5. Complete an internal evaluation; ask employees what they think the company can improve upon and how to go about doing so.
While no one can fix mistakes that were made in the past, everyone has the opportunity to prevent repeat accidents in the future. As 2012 is now in full swing, the team at Murray Insurance & Financial wants to ensure that all of its commercial lines clients are prepared to start the new year off right by avoiding unnecessary and costly insurance claims.
About Murray Insurance & Financial:
For 16 years, Murray Insurance and Financial has been a preferred provider of both personal and business insurance lines within the Texas community. The agency was nationally recognized as a recipient of the President’s Conference Award and is dedicated to living up to its reputation of providing the highest quality customers service. Whether online or in person, Murray Insurance & Financial agents can ensure that their customers obtain the most comprehensive and affordable policies, which will help protect themselves, their families and their assets.