“This is a culmination of gathering together noted speakers and fellow business leaders that will inspire, energize, and impart knowledge that will make a difference in your business no matter what the size.” - Jason Clark, President of VIA Studio
Louisville, Kentucky (PRWEB) January 12, 2012
Excitement is building for the first Small Business Shamen Conference to be held Wednesday, April 4, 2012 in Louisville, Kentucky, with a full-day agenda of powerful speakers and entertaining discussions. Headlining the event will be Chris Brogan, New York Times bestselling co-author of Trust Agents, and a featured monthly columnist at Entrepreneur Magazine. His topic, “The Frontier is Now,” will give inspiration and action items on building your business. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be held at the exciting new venue,Ice House, located conveniently at 217 E. Main Street downtown Louisville.
Brogan is president of Human Business Works, an online education and community company for small businesses and solo entrepreneurs. His first project there, 501 Mission Place, helps nonprofits and charities learn how to grow their capabilities. He also consults and speaks professionally with Fortune 100 and 500 companies like PepsiCo, General Motors, Microsoft, and more, on the future of business communications, and social software technologies.Chris’s blog, [chrisbrogan.com], is in the Top 5 of the Advertising Age Power150.
In addition to Brogan, the Small Business Shamen Conference will feature high profile business leaders from the local area. Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer will open up the conference and the full day’ schedule includes:
- Believing in Vision: The Entrepreneurial Challenge - J.K. McKnight, Founder of the Forecastle Festival
- Creating Your Personal Brand - Peggy Noe Stevens, Author, global speaker, media spokesperson and prominent brand strategist.
- 7 Ways to a More Remarkable Career - Jason Clark, President and Creative Director VIA Studio
- Local Economy and Green Business Practices - Mike Mays, Heine Brothers Coffee
- Roundtable Discussions with Speakers above and Edward Lee, Chef of 610 Magnolia.
Key Sponsors for the event to date include:
- Presenting Sponsor – VIA Studio
- Visionaries – Louisville Public Media and Fourth Wall Murals
- Chieftain – Ice House
- Healers – Stock Yards Bank & Trust, John Schmidt CPA, Meme-Tech, and The Hartfield Company
Who should attend?
If you are someone who believes in the power of small business and the local economies as an agent of change in the world, this day is for you. Registration for the conference opens on January 16, 2012. More information can be found http://smallbusinessshamen.com/ as well as event updates on Facebook and Twitter (@sbshaman).