CMT’s timely 3rd Biomass Trade and Power moves to Brussels on 23rd and 24th of February and spotlights on the Global Biomass Trade & Power generation growth and opportunities in regions like EU, UK, Asia & US
Brussels, Belgium (PRWEB) January 17, 2012
After 2 amazing years in Rotterdam, CMT’s timely 3rd Biomass Trade and Power moves to Brussels on 23rd and 24th of February and spotlights on the Global Biomass trade & Power generation growth and opportunities in regions like EU, UK, Asia & US. The 2012 event features a Pre-Conference Site Visit to Rodenhuize Power Station, a 180MW biomass fuelled plant, located in Ghent, Belgium.
Spanning 1.5 day, and with the themes "Ensuring Operational Progress & Sustainable Growth Amidst Overcast Economy" and "Strategic Meeting of Stakeholders in the Global Biomass Supply & PowerGen", the event is slated to provide meaningful interactions and networking among key Biomass stakeholders from more than 30 countries. Speaking at the conference is an impressive array of expert including:
- Mr. Shanmugam Pattu, Director of Cetex Energy Generation Co Pvt Ltd with his paper entitled Current Situation in India on Renewable biomass power Generation.
- Edita Vagonyte, European Affairs Manager from European Biomass Association – AEBIOM providing insights on Efforts of the European Pellet Council & Progress on Industrial Adoption of ENplus Pellet Certification Scheme.
- Dr. Marieke Harteveld, Consultant Bioenergy & Biobased Economy with Ecofys Netherlands BV addressing on the Latest on sustainability criteria for Solid Biomass & iLUC.
- Mr. Robin Post van der Burg, Director, Business Development at Topell Energy BV presenting Torrefied Pellets Production Value Chain
- Mr. Jonas Wilde of Vattenfall AB , Mr. Rob Prange, Managing Director with Dutch Energy Solutions and Rob Verheem, Deputy Director at NCEA analyzing Africa’s Biomass Focus–On-Going Projects, Infrastructure, Investment & Trade
- Mr. Johan Granath, Head of Bioenergy at Ekman & Co AB giving Updates on Vyborgskaya Cellulose Pellet Plant & Distinction Between Working with an Agent & Trader.
- Mr. Michael Wild, Principal, Wild & Partners KG sharing the case study on Torrefied Biomass/Pellets – Finally it is Happening.
- Mr. Patrick de Jamblinne, CEO, Tuzetka (2ZK) examining Bioenergy Development in Central Europe & Supply Chain of Biomass Pellets (Woody and Agricultural Residues),
In addition, updates on Global Growth in Biomass Based Power Generation & Trade/Demand in UK and Poland will be provided by Mairi Black of Drax Power Station and Mr. Piotr M. Nowak, Manager - Foreign Solid Fuels Trading Department Weglokoks S.A. respectively. Meanwhile Dr. Yves Ryckmans, the Chief Technology Officer Biomass at Electrabel - Laborelec will outline the Progress on Initiative Wood Pellets Buyers’ Initiative on Sustainability & Specifications for Industrial Wood Pellets.
For more information and to register your team for the conference and site visit go to the official event page at http://www.cmtevents.com/aboutevent.aspx?ev=120208.