Uckfield, East Sussex (PRWEB UK) 13 January 2012
The exciting performance – on Sunday 22 January 2012 at 3.00pm - will herald the opening of the newly modernised Allen Touring Organ (circa 1975). It was originally designed by North Carolina-born Carlo Curley and used for his historic series of Summer Sunday afternoon concerts in the Great Hall of London’s Alexandra Palace (‘Ally Pally’), where he served as resident organist between 1976 and 1979.
The Allen Touring Organ weighs in excess of one ton and utilises four Artisan Sound Engines to digitally produce the 162 stops (‘colours’) spread over the 4-manual and pedal (‘keyboard’) console which has been re-fitted with a modern Artisan MicroMIDI control system.
Curley refers to the console as ‘the flight-deck of the 777’. The tonalities are heard in the auditorium via 22 speaker enclosures and four woofer/subwoofer units, the latter faithfully reproducing the low 16 Hz to 32 Hz pitches as found in the largest pipe-organs. 5,300-watts of audio power the organ’s tonal delivery to every corner of the 400-seat hall at the East Sussex National.
The concert will offer something for everyone from Dvořák and Handel to Sousa, Bach, Massenet and Widor and Curley will introduce and perform each piece in his own inimitable style.
Tickets are £10 each and are available by contacting reservations(at)eastsussexnational(dot)co(dot)uk or tel: 01825 880088.
Ample free parking is available at The East Sussex National, Little Horsted, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 5ES (on the A22, three miles south of Uckfield).
Notes to editors:
- The East Sussex National Hotel is set in 1100 acres of quintessentially English countryside.
- The magnificent multi-facility complex is set over three levels; the hotel is spacious but with a level of intimacy that will appeal to those who prefer the personal touch.
- East Sussex National Hotel is ideal for weddings, conferences and banqueting, spa breaks, golf breaks and societies, dining and so much more…
- Boasting 104 bedrooms, including 10 luxury suites and two bridal suites, all rooms enjoy stunning views of the South Downs and championship golf courses.
- There are two restaurants on site: Hunningtons and the Rosette award winning Pavilion.
- The venue boosts two championship golf courses, as well as the Horsted Spa and a state-of-the-art health club.
- East Sussex National plays host to a number of events during the year, including an afternoon with Carlo Curley, Valentine’s Day dinner dance, tea dances, and Sunday lunch.
- Carlo Curley has agreed to be available for any advance interviews with print and radio journalists and will be available at the venue to welcome television teams by arrangement. http://www.carlo.com
- To arrange interviews with Carlo Curley, contact Joanne Osborne, Marketing Manager on tel: 01825 880181 or email her at: Marketing(at)eastsussexnational(dot)co(dot)uk
For more information on this media release, please contact Angela Ward on: 01825 765617 or by email: angela(at)themarketingeye(dot)com