New York, NY (PRWEB) January 13, 2012
With the start of a new year the green lifestyle site, eco18.com, is taking a moment to predict what eco-friendly trends will grow and which will ascent in the coming months. In a recent article, the site examined trends for 2012 in eco-friendly products, businesses, philosophies and organizations.
Here are their predictions, as taken from the article:
1. Green Building – With the growing prominence of LEED Certification, many developers will want to be acknowledged for their sustainable and environmentally-friendly achievements. With the support of the administration and high-profile certifications, this sector will continue to grow.
2. Eco-Cycling – While we can’t say that achieving zero-waste will happen in 2012, there are many programs that are aiming to make it happen sooner or later. Eco-Cycling aims to find a way to recycle virtually everything.
3. Sharing Is Caring – Zipcar, HertzOnDemand… yawn. They’re here to stay, but they’re definitely not trending anymore! Keep an eye out for a bike share popping up in your city this summer – looking at you New York City! More and more Community Gardens will pop up, too!
4. Virtual Takeover – It seems kind of ironic, but consumers will use their virtual devices to keep their purchasing and eating more natural thanks to a host of great smartphone apps.
5. Local – All things local will become increasingly more mainstream. Rooftop restaurant gardens, estate-grown beers, locally grown produce and the like will continue to rise.
6. Urban Crawl – Thanks in large part to Generation Y’ers, urban living is becoming cool again. Enjoying the conveniences of an urban lifestyle, there will continue to be an influx in the country’s largest cultural centers.
To read the full article, and others on green living and sustainability, go to eco18.com. For more information, contact Leesa Raab, Leesa(at)adinfinitumny(dot)com