“These improvements have helped boost our fixed absorption rate to 112%, which enables us to be very competitive in vehicle pricing, whether to our local market or across the broader Internet-sales market.”
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) January 13, 2012
Dealership for Life, a provider of customer-retention programs, said today that Apple Ford-Lincoln uses its prepackaged maintenance points-reward program to boost key service performance metrics in excess of Ford Motor Company’s national averages.
“These improvements have helped boost our fixed absorption rate to 112%, which enables us to be very competitive in vehicle pricing, whether to our local market or across the broader Internet-sales market,” notes Chip Doetsch, President, Apple Ford-Lincoln, Columbia, MD.
Doetsch says the dealership has 18,000 members enrolled in the program, Dealership for Life’s Customers for Life service retention program. The program, he says, has helped the dealership:
- Increase retention by six points above Ford’s state average
- Boost VIN share – parts and service sales per units in operation – to 130% of Ford’s national average
- Retain more higher-mileage customers, with average miles up by 25,000 per vehicle in service and with many units with more than 100,000 miles frequenting the shop
- Boost 30-60-90-thousand service sales 21% above Ford’s national average
- Sell more in-market consumers and successfully capitalize on the broader Internet-sales market -- Apple Ford owns 84% of Ford registrations in its primary market area. Internet sales are 72% of total retail units.
Paul Healy, CEO of Dealership for Life, notes that 86% of a dealership’s customers will repurchase there if the dealership actively engages with them to encourage and reward their continued use of the dealership’s service department.
Dealership for Life helped Apple Ford design a program specific to its market. It features high-value prepackaged vehicle maintenance services – oil changes and tire rotations – a free lifetime engine guarantee, and more. Every new and used vehicle purchaser is enrolled automatically. Doetsch credits the program’s engine guarantee for helping F&I boost VSC sales by 57%.
For more information, contact Paul Healy at paul(at)dealership4life(dot)com or 410-790-0570 or http://www.dealership4life.com