While we clearly have a long way to go, let us not forget the good things that are happening on the ground in Haiti
Denver, CO (PRWEB) January 15, 2012
The Road to Hope is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping the children of Haiti. They are a 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization. Donations and contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
The Road to Hope supports organizations that share their goals of building self-sustaining communities that directly affect the lives of children. Their vision is a Haiti where children can grow up strong and healthy, and free from the trauma of abandonment.
The Road To Hope is proud to cover all of the organization's overhead costs with less than 8% of donated funds as many of our administration costs are covered by their very dedicated Board of Directors.
Today is the 2-year anniversary of the Haiti quake. In lamenting the lack of progress, The Road to Hope must note how far we have come:
- While 500,000 people remain in squalid tents, down from 1.6 million;
- Many tons of rubble gone, much of it recycled into building materials;
- Highways are improved, including key corridors from the Capitol to the Dominican Republic and Cap Haitien;
- Denis O'Brien’s Digicel has rebuilt more than 50 schools;
- Carnival now docks at a modern port in Cap Haitien, and their ships have offloaded tons of supplies;
- A Korean factory in a new industrial park projects 20,000 jobs;
- A modern Marriott hotel boasting 173 rooms broke ground in Port-au-Prince;
- A state of the art hospital in Mirabelais nears completion, thanks to the heroic efforts of Partners in Health, in cooperation with the Haitian government.
While we clearly have a long way to go, let us not forget the good things that are happening on the ground in Haiti, thanks to the resilience and creativity of the Haitian people and the continued support of the international community.
About The Harris Law Firm
Located in Denver and Fort Collins, the 18 attorneys at The Harris Law Firm are a team of Colorado family law specialists who serve clients throughout the State of Colorado. The lawyers and staff at “Colorado’s Family Law Team” are dedicated to helping you with issues related to divorce, child custody, legal separations, step parent adoptions, and other matters that pertain to Colorado family law.
If you would like more information about this topic please contact:
Rich Harris – President of The Road to Hope
Phone: (303) 868-9903