2012 will be a very interesting and super gorgeous year for weddings. We expect to see big glam, thoughtful themes, and lots of attention to detail.
Castle Rock, Colorado (PRWEB) January 17, 2012
With the start of the New Year, comes a fresh season of wedding trends; mywedding today announced their predictions for 2012.
Resident wedding expert Sarah Pierce said, “2012 will be a very interesting and super gorgeous year for weddings. We expect to see big glam, thoughtful themes, and lots of attention to detail.”
The Top Trends for 2012 are:
1. Varying Necklines: Last year’s royal wedding absolutely influenced wedding dress trends. Thanks to Kate’s long lace sleeves, we will be seeing a greater variety of different necklines and sleeve lengths. Strapless gowns will take a back seat to one shoulder, illusion necklines, cap sleeves, and deep v necks.
2. More glamour: For several years, we have seen a trend towards simple and in 2012 we will start to move away from that. From sparkly accents to faux fur shrugs, weddings will look more expensive and have that little extra “pop” of opulence.
3. Food Stations: There will be more details to dress them up such as sleek matching signage and more emphasis on presentation. Many couples will choose to have a food station as their favors such as “make your own midnight snack” tables featuring popcorn, candies, and cookies.
4. Big Lush Bouquets: Expect lots of multi-textured bouquets with different hues. Centerpieces, although they won’t all necessarily match, will also follow this trend.
5. Buying DIY: Couples are realizing that not everyone can make DIY look like an Amy Atlas tablescape (seriously, who can pull that off?). However, they love the individualization and originality that DIY details can provide. Therefore, many couples will start buying their “DIY” details, and having florists and other artists complete their vision for them.
6. Less Symmetry: Expect different dresses and shoes on bridesmaids, variations on details like table numbers and place cards, and different rented furniture for each area.
7. Intimate Gatherings: Some weddings will have smaller guest lists to achieve this, while larger weddings will use communal dining tables and creating small spaces within the event room to have the feel of a more inclusive gathering.
8. Pops of Color: The color palettes for 2012 are at seemingly opposite ends of the spectrum. Super creamy neutrals are very on-trend through most of 2012. However, extra bright pops of color will be present over the spring and summer, such as red-orange, lime greens, and royal blues. Black is also back in a big way as an accent color.
Founded in 2001, mywedding has quickly become one of the largest and most trusted online wedding planning resources bringing bridal couples inspiration from around the world. As one of the most comprehensive online wedding media channels, mywedding offers local wedding vendor guides, honeymoon and destination wedding guides, free wedding websites and blogs to its users. Utilizing proprietary Internet technology for publishing and managing advertising listings, mywedding makes wedding planning easy and fun for couples while providing highly targeted local advertising to wedding vendors.