As the industry continues its tumultuous transition to digital and as competition for readers’ attention increases, publishers have to get their content to market quickly -- in a variety of formats.
Falls Church, VA (PRWEB) January 18, 2012
Aptara, a pioneer in digital publishing solutions, announces the launch of the PXE4.1 Digital Publishing Platform for streamlining production and accelerating the delivery of digital and mobile content. The new release of the highly acclaimed PXE web-based platform improves content’s flexibility with HTML5 and EPUB 3 creation and extended workflow capabilities.
Adopted by large Trade, Education, Professional, and Corporate content publishers across the US and Europe for its substantial cost and time-saving benefits, the multi-purpose PXE supports the entire content production lifecycle and all output formats, giving publishers easier access to eMarkets and a fast way to implement flexible, cost-effective digital content production.
“As the industry continues its tumultuous transition to digital and as competition for readers’ attention increases, publishers have to get their content to market quickly -- in a variety of formats,” said Dev Ganesan, President and CEO of Aptara. “Designed to address the current and future needs of the content production industry, PXE’s success is due to its flexible architecture,” added Ganesan. “It’s not one size fits all. The PXE platform tailors to each organization’s current workflow and to their target output formats and devices.”
A web-based digital publishing platform, PXE provides an end-to-end multi-channel digital workflow for the creation of structured, reusable content with an easy to use, word processor-like interface. The PXE platform:
- supports publishers’ existing workflows, minimizing implementation and staff disruption
- integrates content creation, editing and formatting into a streamlined workflow
- supports multi-channel publishing with simultaneous outputs for eReaders, Tablets, PCs and print
- eliminates traditional manual-intensive editing environments and processes
- avoids the need to retrofit traditional production processes for new digital products
In addition to its core functionalities, the new PXE 4.1 includes:
- HTML5 and EPUB 3 creation for embedding audio and video
- Mobile publishing support for all formats and devices, including EPUB, HTML, HTML5, and XML
- Direct integration with InDesign 5/5.5
- Online image editing
- Offline editing capability
- BookWise editing mode for working on a document in its entirety versus section by section
- A more intuitive interface
- A streamlined architecture for faster and more nimble operation
Preview the new PXE digital publishing platform next week at Digital Book World in New York, January 23 – 25.
Aptara provides digital publishing solutions that deliver significant gains in cost, quality and time-to-market for content providers. With comprehensive solutions across all delivery media, Aptara’s expertise includes content technology solutions, eBook creation, app development, publishing services, content conversion, and eLearning. Founded in 1988 around its unique publishing technical expertise, Aptara is a US-based company with over 5,000 professionals deployed globally and serving leaders in Media and Publishing, Information Services, Professional Services, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Hospitality, Healthcare and Government. For more information visit http://www.aptaracorp.com.