Uckfield, East Sussex (PRWEB UK) 20 January 2012
Following the success of last year’s competition, which saw an enterprising photo-editing team from Uplands Community College take the grand prize, this year’s competition promises to be even bigger.
“This year we will be recruiting even more colleges to take part,” says Neil Edwards, Managing Director of The Marketing Eye and the man behind Young Business Minds™. “We had some fantastic feedback from the teachers and students involved last year and we think that the extra competition will really bring out the creativity and expertise in the students involved.”
He added: “During the competition, our team at The Marketing Eye will be on hand to lend support via designated sessions with a team ‘mentor’ and with hints and tips on our Facebook page.”
Taking place between the end of the AS level exams and the summer holidays, Young Business Minds™ was supported by four local colleges in its inaugural year - Uckfield Community Technical College; Uplands Community College, Wadhurst; Beacon Community College, Crowborough; and Heathfield Community College.
Sara Ellis, Curriculum Leader, Business & Economics, Uckfield Community Technical College said: “The competition came at a perfect time. Having Young Business Minds™ as a focus after exams made the students more receptive to coming back into the classroom for the last two weeks of term.”
Added Andy Shepherd, Head of Business Education at Beacon Community College: “The students really enjoyed taking part in the competition and I’ve enjoyed seeing them getting excited and focused – a rare occurrence at this time of the year.”
Giving back to the community by supporting local students – as well as providing marketing support to a number of charity events throughout the year - is high on the agenda at The Marketing Eye.
“Giving students the opportunity to boost their CVs and help them learn basic business skills as part of this learning experience is really important to us,” says Neil Edwards. “We also take on work experience students from time to time to help give students a taste of working life, which will also focus their decisions on degree choices.”
Colleges interested in taking part in the Young Business Minds™ competition are asked to contact Abi Bayley at The Marketing Eye for more details and to sign up: abigail(at)themarketingeye(dot)com or call 01825 765617.
Notes to Editors:
- The Marketing Eye is based in Uckfield and provides marketing consultancy and marketing services to medium sized and large business in the South of England and London.
- Services offered range from marketing strategy and planning to direct marketing, event management and all forms of marketing communication.
- The business employs nine people, all of whom are highly experienced and well qualified in their particular area of specialism.
- Neil Edwards is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing with many years’ experience in marketing, brand and communications. His experience includes being a Marketing Director in The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, where he was responsible for brands in the UK, Ireland and US.
- For further information about Young Business Minds or to register your school or college’s interest in becoming involved in 2012, please contact Abi Bayley either via email: abigail(at)themarketingeye(dot)com or tel: 01825 765517.
For more information on this media release, please contact Angela Ward on: 01825 765617 or by email: angela(at)themarketingeye(dot)com.
# # #