InsuranceMyths.ca was developed to shed light on some of the most common myths because informing consumers to help them save on insurance is our primary objective.
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) January 19, 2012
There are so many fallacies about insurance that pervade the market. In an attempt to dispel these myths and educate consumers, InsuranceHotline.com has launched a myth of the week program. Each week, a new myth will be featured and exposed on InsuranceMyths.ca, covering many types of insurance including auto insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, life insurance and motorcycle insurance.
“InsuranceMyths.ca was developed to shed light on some of the most common myths because informing consumers to help them save on insurance is our primary objective” says Tammy Ezer of InsuranceHotline.com. “Myth-related content tends to perform well and there are a surprising number of insurance myths out there so we decided to launch a program exclusively focused on this type of content.”
The videos begin with ‘man-on-the-street’ interviews to establish consumer perceptions regarding the myth in question. They proceed to reveal the truth behind the myth as viewers discover the accuracy, or lack thereof, of consumer opinions by learning something specific about the topic being investigated.
For the month of January, the following myths have been/will be investigated and revealed.
- Accident Forgiveness – Consumers learn the truth behind accident forgiveness and what it actually covers.
- Young Drivers – Do young drivers always pay more for car insurance? Find out on InsuranceMyths.ca
- OHIP Coverage – Many travelers may think that everything is covered through OHIP while travelling outside of the province or the country. Watch the video to find out if this is true.
- Weather-Related Car Accidents – This topic is very relevant, as the winter weather is here. Find out if drivers can blame car accidents on snowy weather or icy road conditions.
- Home Insurance Coverage – Does home insurance cover ‘acts of God’ such as tornadoes and hail storms? It’s important to know what a home insurance policy actually covers.
Knowing the true facts behind insurance is very important; as any false insurance information can cost people money. Everyone needs to stay informed about insurance and understand what is covered on an insurance policy. Simply visit InsuranceMyths.ca each week to dispel a new insurance myth.
About: InsuranceHotline.com is a free online insurance rate comparison service that directs consumers to its large network of more than 30 insurance companies and licensed insurance professionals and provides quotes based on the lowest rates available through its network. In business since 1994, InsuranceHotline.com does not sell insurance, is not a licensed broker, and is not owned in whole or in part by an insurance company, agent or brokerage; ensuring consumers get a truly unbiased quote.