Columbus, OH (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
TDCI Inc. (TDCI), the leading provider of configurator-based software, announced today that the company added 70 new customers for the company’s BuyDesign® Product Configurator and Guided Selling software solutions in 2011. BuyDesign 2011 software and services revenue increased approximately 60% over 2010. Customers were added in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. New customers spanned multiple industries, including equipment & machinery, specialty vehicles, industrial instrumentation, high tech, aerospace, medical equipment, custom print and packaging products, windows & doors, furniture, home décor, and other building products.
BuyDesign is a comprehensive configure-price-quote (CPQ) solution developed to streamline the sales process for customized products. BuyDesign helps companies that manufacture products with a wide range of features, options, and dimensions increase sales by becoming ‘easy to do business with’ while at the same time reducing order processing time, cost, and errors.
BuyDesign was licensed for use with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Infor ERP SyteLine, Infor ERP XA, Infor ERP LN, and several other ERP and eCommerce systems.
Representative examples of companies selecting BuyDesign in 2011 include:
- Clean Energy – the leading North American provider of natural gas fuel, fueling stations and vehicle conversions for commercial transportation
- Ceco Door, CURRIES and Graham, brands of ASSA ABLOY – the global leader in door opening solutions
- De Carlo Infissi S.p.A. – a leading Italian window and door manufacturer
- Hunter-Douglas – the Australian regional segment of Hunter Douglas Group NV, a world leader in window shades and major manufacturer of architectural products
- Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies – a world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments in commercial, residential and industrial markets
- Pro Mach – a growing U.S. provider of integrated packaging equipment for food, beverage, household goods, and pharmaceutical companies
- Siemens Medical Instruments PTE LTD, the Singapore-based manufacturing center for the Siemens Audiology Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of hearing instruments
- Sutphen, a major U.S. manufacturer of fire trucks and apparatus
Other companies launching new BuyDesign deployments in 2011 included manufacturers and distributors of a broad range of products such as computers, safety equipment, transit busses, residential and commercial doors, custom jewelry, HVAC equipment, electrical equipment, personalized print materials, machine tools, fishing boats, luggage carts, lighting systems, and a variety of industrial products.
The BuyDesign customer base now encompasses approximately 250 companies around the world.
“We are very pleased that so many companies have selected and deployed BuyDesign over the past year – we added more new customers in 2011 than in any year in our history,” said Dan DeMuth, TDCI President. “We are especially excited about the accelerating adoption of BuyDesign within the Microsoft Dynamics and Infor ERP communities, and about important sales of BuyDesign for use with Oracle and other popular ERP systems. BuyDesign is helping more and more companies streamline sales and manufacturing of customized products, and we think that is a good sign for the economy overall.”
About TDCI and BuyDesign
TDCI (http://www.tdci.com) specializes in helping manufacturers and their distributors streamline the buying process for customized products. TDCI’s BuyDesign® software is a comprehensive web-based product configurator and guided selling solution developed to help companies increase sales by becoming ‘easy to do business with’ while improving profitability by reducing order processing time, cost, and errors. Built using a powerful product configurator, BuyDesign provides modular applications for guided product selection and configuration, product visualization, quoting and ordering, drawing and data generation, consumer interest creation, and more.