Dayton, Ohio (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
Plus Technologies is pleased to announce that it has delivered a Tamper Resistant Prescription Printing solution to a large healthcare provider.
The Tamper Resistant Prescription Printing solution is based on Plus Technologies’ OM Plus Delivery Manager (DM) software. Plus Technologies has teamed with a major printer manufacturer to deliver this solution to a large healthcare provider serving the Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia markets.
The customer was looking for a cost effective way to meet the strict requirements defined in the 2007 CMS Tamper-Resistant Prescription Law. The law requires that printed prescriptions have a number of tamper-resistant security features in order to prevent fraudulent acts.
In addition, the customer was hoping to save costs by moving from expensive ‘pre-printed’ forms to an electronic forms software solution that prints on plain paper. The customer uses McKesson EMR/EHR application products. The McKesson system is able to create the prescription document in pcl output format. The Plus Technologies solution takes the pcl data and strips out unnecessary McKesson data, merges the remaining prescription data with pantographic and microprint data, then delivers it to conventional laser printer. The software creates the prescription document so it can be printed on plain paper saving the costs related with using pre-printed forms which are expensive.
The Plus Technologies embedded pantographic information is laid into the background of printed prescriptions, so the words “COPY” or “VOID” appear when the prescription is copied. There are also anti-erasure and anti-print ‘liftoff’ features to prevent modifications to the original prescription. In addition, a ‘microfont’ border is applied to the documents for additional security.
- OM Plus Delivery Manager seamlessly ingests the McKesson print jobs without any changes required in the McKesson application.
- OM Plus Delivery Manager analyzes the print jobs and picks out the prescription print jobs while letting the non-prescription jobs pass directly on to the printers.
- For prescription jobs, OM Plus Delivery Manager strips print commands used in the old pre-printed forms solution. OM Plus then integrates the standard prescription print data with the Tamper-Resistant Rx electronic forms software.
- Then the complete prescription print job is delivered to the printers which in this case this are from Lexmark.
- OM Plus Delivery Manager also confirms the successful printing of the prescriptions by using bi-directional communications with the printer.
- In the case of printer error OM Plus allows page level fail-over re-printing.
- System administrators also use OM Plus to view and manage the entire process.
With this solution, the customer now has a high fidelity prescription printing process that is more reliable, easy to manage, and more cost effective. The cost is approximately half of comparable competitive solutions.
The customer was also able to reduce their printer hardware acquisition/support cost because the Lexmark printers are less expensive than “special purpose” printers. Finally, the solution can be easily modified to adapt to future needs which might include managing and monitoring the delivery of non-prescription print jobs from many different application servers out to their enterprise printer fleet.
About Plus Technologies LLC
Since 1994, Plus Technologies has been providing output management software to corporate, government and healthcare organizations in over 30 countries worldwide. Plus Technologies has been selected by many Fortune 500 companies who are leaders in their markets.
Plus Technologies provides solutions based on their output management suite of products including OM Plus Delivery Manager (print job spooling and delivery), OM Plus Fleet Manager (consumables, printer error and usage management system), and OM Plus Report Manager (electronic report distribution system). We call this collection of software products the OM Plus (Software Suite). Plus Technologies also provides custom programming services in the area of output management for organizations.
Plus Technologies has extensive experience in combining their output management software products with a strong implementation services capability to create ‘solutions’ that are as unique as the customer’s problems. In addition, Plus Technologies solutions are known to be very cost effective as the company provides flexible pricing options including utility billing, subscription, and initial license fee licenses.