New Orleans, LA (PRWEB) January 22, 2012
PhotoTour Excursions is hosting a New Orleans weekend photography workshop where you learn to take great pictures while experiencing the best of the Big Easy.
“Our New Orleans photo tour lets you capture the culture, history and energy of the Crescent City through a series of excursions that pair a photography instructor with a licensed local tour guide,” said Lynford Morton, PhotoTour Excursions lead instructor.
The weekend will consist of photo tours that focus on the:
- Distinct architecture of the French Quarter;
- History and influence of the music throughout the city;
- Unmistakable wildlife of the Alligator swamplands;
- Picturesque decay of cemetery tombs;
- Majesty of historic plantations;
- Serenity of the Mississippi River at night; and
- Allure of the famed St. Charles Street Cars.
During the excursions, you will experience workshops that develop your skills in:
- Architectural Photography;
- Night Photography;
- Storytelling and Photojournalism;
- Landscape & Nature Photography;
- People & Street Photography; and
- Food Photography.
“You can expect daily lessons, personal assignments, photo coaching during your excursion, and individual critiques,” says Morton. “This is a learning vacation like no other.”
Photography workshops are led by Morton, a New Orleans native and second-generation photographer who founded PhotoTour Excursions in 2009. He has since trained thousands of photographers on his signature excursions.
Learn more about the New Orleans Experience Photo Tour at http://www.phototourdc.com/photographneworleans.
About PhotoTour Excursions
PhotoTour Excursions teaches photography principles during walking workshops.
We are best known for teaching thousands of photographers around Washington, DC’s picturesque neighborhoods, earning a 98 percent approval rating from attendees. In addition, PhotoTour Excursions helps photographers learn, share and grow with:
- Free Photo Webinars - an online destination for photography information and inspiration (http://www.freephotowebinars.com)
- Photo Mentoring Club - a community that provides ongoing support with monthly lessons, assignments and feedback (http://www.phototourdc.com/mentoringclub)
- Shutterbug Excursions - a DC-based Meetup group of photography enthusiasts who gather to shoot & share. (http://www.shutterbugexcursions.com)