While many companies have liability insurance, New York businesses must remember that these policies do have limits when it comes to covering the cost of claims related to injuries and faulty products.
Woodbridge, New Jersey (PRWEB) January 22, 2012
The team at Mazzeo Agency knows that during the beginning of the new year, business owners may be more focused on starting the fiscal year off strong than taking steps to prevent an accident or insurance claim. However, since both of these things can be costly, it’s best to be proactive in preventing them. While many companies have liability insurance, New York businesses must remember that these policies do have limits when it comes to covering the cost of claims related to injuries and faulty products.
The experts at Mazzeo Agency want all local companies to start the year off on the right foot, so they have compiled a list of the top five things business owners should do now in order to reduce their odds of filing a claim on the liability insurance New York companies need:
1. Set a high, companywide standard for quality control. This should encompass both products and customer service.
2. Ensure that company records are up to date and complete. Having every business transaction in writing and in an easy-to-find place will be helpful in the event of a liability claim.
3. Train all employees on how to use business equipment and on how to keep themselves safe and healthy at work.
4. Even with liability insurance, New York companies may need to ask their insurance agent if they need umbrella coverage in order to cover costs that exceed the limit set by the company’s liability policy.
5. Complete an internal evaluation; ask employees what they think the company can improve upon and how to go about doing so.
While no one can fix mistakes that were made in the past, everyone has the opportunity to prevent repeat accidents in the future. As 2012 is now underway, the team at Mazzeo Agency wants to ensure that all of its commercial lines clients are prepared to start the new year off right by avoiding unnecessary and costly insurance claims.
About the Mazzeo Agency:
The Mazzeo Agency has been a family owned and operated insurance agency since we opened our doors in 1864. Our team has over 145 years of experience within the insurance industry, which is why we have earned the reputation as the go-to source for both personal and commercial lines. Whether you’re in New Jersey or New York, the Mazzeo Agency can find the affordable and comprehensive insurance policies you, your family and your business need.
# # #