Houston, TX (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
Viaserv, an innovative ISV of mainframe access middleware, announces a new release of its flagship product ViaSQL.
“This release represents a significant increase in ViaSQL’s overall performance, compatibility, capability and usability,” said Kim Manchak, Viaserv President. “The development team devoted a large portion of the V4.5 release to completely modernizing the management tools included with the product. The team also completed the compatibility changes necessary to provide DB V10 and CICS 4.2 support.”
This release includes the following feature changes:
- Support for DB2 9.1 BIGINT columns
The Access Server, Gateway, Viaserv ODBC and JDBC drivers, and Viaserv OLE-DB Provider were enhanced to handle data from DB2 9.1 (z/OS) BIGINT columns and associated metadata.
- Support for DB2 9.1 BINARY and VARBINARY columns
DB2 V9.1 on z/OS added support for BINARY and VARBINARY columns. However, IBM made the new datatype incompatible with CHAR / VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA columns even though they are basically identical. Therefore, the ViaSQL Gateway and ODBC and JDBC Drivers did not support BINARY and VARBINARY columns in DB2 V9.1.
Added support in Access Server V4.5.5 (z/OS only) for BINARY and VARBINARY columns and added metadata support for BINARY and VARBINARY columns to the ViaSQL Gateway and ViaSQL Direct ODBC and JDBC Drivers. No changes were needed in the Viaserv ODBC Driver and Viaserv OLE-DB Provider.
- Support for DB2 9.1 DECFLOAT columns
DB2 9.1 for z/OS added support for DECFLOAT columns. The Access Server, ViaSQL Gateway, VTE, ODBC, and JDBC Drivers were modified to support the new datatype.
- Support for New Datatypes in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Sybase ASE 15
The ViaSQL Gateway and ViaSQL Transfer Engine now support transfer to and from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 date, time, and datetime2 columns, and Sybase ASE 15 bigint columns. The CSA Server for Windows also works with the new datatypes.
- New Viaserv TCP/IP Secure Tunnel Processor Component for Supporting SSL/TLS Protocols
ViaSQL connections now support use of SSL/TLS protocols using this new component. The Viaserv TCP/IP Secure Tunnel Processor is distributed with Access Server to support use of this new component and of multiple TCP/IP resource managers in the same CICS region.
- ODBC Server no longer distributed and no longer supported
The ODBC Server previously distributed with some ViaSQL products is no longer supported and has been removed from all ViaSQL distributions. The functions provided by the ODBC Server replaced by changes made to the CSA Server in V2.8.1. Please refer to the Release Summary document for ViaSQL CSA Server for Windows for additional details.
- APPCTEST utilities no longer distributed
The APPCTEST utilities used for testing APPC connectivity from Windows servers to CICS are no longer included in any ViaSQL distributions. Please contact Viaserv Technical Support if you are interested in receiving a copy of any of the APPCTEST components previously distributed with ViaSQL.
- misc\logcrack utilities no longer distributed
The logcrack series of utilities (LOGCRACK, ACTCRACK, ACTLOG, ACTVIEW) used to process activity logs from ViaSQL Gateway, ViaSQL Direct ODBC Driver, and ViaSQL Direct JDBC Driver are no longer included in any ViaSQL distributions. Please contact Viaserv Technical Support if you are interested in receiving a copy of any of the misc\logcrack utilities.
This release includes the following Viaserv components:
- Legacy Data Server for z/OS V4.5.6
- Legacy Data Manager V4.5.6
- Access Server for z/OS-CICS V4.5.6
- Access Server Configuration Utility V4.5.6
- ViaSQL Gateway (x86/x64) V2.9.4
- ViaSQL Gateway (x86) V2.9.4 (Open Server V15.5 with EBF 18634 ESD #9)
- CSA Server for Windows (TCP/IP) (x86) V2.9.4
- CSA Server for Windows (SNA) (x86) V2.9.4
- Gateway Manager (x86) V2.9.4
- Gateway Manager Server (x86) V2.9.4
- Viaserv ODBC Driver (x86) V3.60.05
- Viaserv OLE DB Provider (x86) V2.0.4
- Viaserv ODBC Driver (x86/x64) V3.60.05
- Viaserv OLE DB Provider (x86/x64) V2.0.4 with Open Client 15.5 EBF 18634 ESD #9
- ViaSQL Direct JDBC Driver V3.0.6
- CSA Server for Java V4.5.6
- Transfer Manager V3.3.3
- Transfer Server (x86/x64) V3.3.3
- ViaSQL Transfer Engine V3.3.3p1
- ViaSQL Redirector Mapping Tool V4.5.5
ViaSQL V4.5 is available immediately for both the z/OS and z/VSE platforms. ViaSQL provides access to VSAM, sequential, DB2, IMS, DL/I, Datacom, Adabas, and other z/OS / z/VSE data stores, and to mainframe applications and stored procedures.
Viaserv is a Houston, Texas - based software company specializing in data access, delivery, and integration products for the z/OS and z/VSE mainframe environments. Viaserv is committed to liberating enterprise data for use in broader application architectures and solutions, by enhancing interoperability between IBM’s mainframe systems and other computing environments. Viaserv is a member of IBM’s System/390 Partners in Development Program.
Viaserv and ViaSQL are trademarks of Viaserv, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
# # #