FLORHAM PARK, NJ (PRWEB) January 23, 2012
BASF, the global leader for sustainable construction products, invites 2012 International Builders Show® (IBS) attendees to learn and experience how the intelligent integration of energy-efficient, durable technologies and products into construction projects is the key to long-lasting business success.
The show will take place at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida, from Feb. 8-11, 2012. The BASF booth, W3443, will present kiosks featuring options in high-performance insulation systems; porous concrete and pavement that replenish natural aquifers; easy-to-install liquid-applied air and water barriers; and roofing and wall assemblies that reduce energy demand while standing up against hurricane force winds, to name a few. Additional programming includes:
- BASF Building Science Trivia Smackdown: Play the BASF Building Science Trivia Smackdown at the top and bottom of each hour of the show. The contestant with the highest score at the end of each day will win a new tablet computer.
- Construction App Bar: Learn about BASF’s portfolio of sustainable construction offerings with our interactive mobile app. Browse product brochures, watch videos, view case studies and make connections, all with the swipe of a finger.
- BASF Builders Challenge Awards at Show Village 2012: In partnership with the Department of Energy’s Builders Challenge, BASF will honor ten builders for their contribution to high-performance, energy-efficient building during the 4th Annual BASF Builders Challenge Awards program at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 9, at Show Village 2012.
- EnergyValue Housing Award: BASF, the 2012 Platinum sponsor of the 17th annual EnergyValue Housing Award, joins the National Association of Home Builders Research CenterSM to honor homebuilders who voluntarily incorporate energy efficiency into the design, construction and marketing of new homes. The event will occur on Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 7 p.m. at the ICEBAR in Orlando, Florida. For event details please visit http://www.nahbrc.com/evha/index.aspx.
- The Cool Energy House: BASF is proud to announce that Neopor® expandable polystyrene foam is a key ingredient in the Cool Energy House, an energy-retrofit demonstration project made possible by the technical innovations of the Department of Energy’s Building America Retrofit Alliance. The building envelope, key to the home’s performance, features structural insulated panels by FischerSIPS® optimized with Neopor®. To learn more about the project, or to receive an invitation to the VIP event on the evening of Feb. 9, please visit the BASF booth, W3443.
For more information on BASF’s energy-efficient, durable and sustainable construction offerings, please visit http://www.basf.us/construction.
To schedule a booth tour during IBS, please contact Mary MacLeod-Jones at 207-222-2774.
BASF – The Chemical Company
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has approximately 16,400 employees in North America, and had sales of $17.7 billion in 2010. For more information about BASF’s North American operations, visit http://www.basf.us.
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company: The Chemical Company. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products, and agricultural products to oil and gas. As a reliable partner, BASF creates chemistry to help its customers in virtually all industries to be more successful. With its high-value products and intelligent solutions, BASF plays an important role in finding answers to global challenges, such as climate protection, energy efficiency, nutrition and mobility. BASF posted sales of more than €63.9 billion in 2010 and had approximately 109,000 employees as of the end of the year. Further information on BASF is available on the Internet at http://www.basf.com or in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com.
International Builders Show® is a registered trademark of the National Association of Home Builders
National Association of Home Builders Research Center SM is a service mark of the National Association of Home Builders
Neopor® is a registered trademark of BASF SE
FischerSIPS® is a registered trademark of FischerSIPS LLC