As a psychologist and integrative medicine physician, Dr. Silien and I offer different perspectives on healing, both of which are grounded in cutting-edge science surrounding the mind-body connection.
Nunnelly, TN (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
The Ranch invites healthcare professionals to attend an educational and experiential workshop on Jan. 27, 2012, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Jacksonville, Fla. Titled “The Awakened Body: Inbodied Psychotherapy Practices and Integrative Medicine to Uncover Inner Instincts for Vitality,” the presentation will provide information and practical skills from integrative medicine and various schools of therapy.
Attendees will learn about the powerful alliance between mind, body and spirit from two of the foremost experts in this area: Carolyn Coker Ross, MD, MPH, and Karen A. Silien, Ph.D.
- Dr. Ross is an internationally known author, speaker and pioneer in the use of integrative medicine to treat eating disorders, obesity and addictions. She is a consultant at The Ranch treatment center in Tennessee, maintains a private practice in Denver and hosts a weekly radio show.
- Dr. Silien is an author, adjunct professor at Vanderbilt University and psychologist with a private practice in Nashville. She is also a founding member and past-president of the Eating Disorders Coalition of Tennessee and the owner of the consulting company, InBodied Living.
“As a psychologist and integrative medicine physician, Dr. Silien and I offer different perspectives on healing, both of which are grounded in cutting-edge science surrounding the mind-body connection,” said Dr. Ross. “In addition to learning new treatment strategies, professionals attending the workshop will have the opportunity to practice these tools in a hands-on way.”
Some of the specific objectives of the workshop are to help professionals:
- Develop skills to lead their patients to greater harmony and self-awareness
- Discover how narrative therapies can help patients change unhelpful internal dialogue and explore new ways of being in relationship with self and others
- Learn how the brain-body connection can improve cognitive functioning and vitality
- Connect with other healthcare professionals
- Improve their own well-being and professional engagement
- Understand the research supporting the use of body-based therapies for healing
Workshop attendees will earn 6.5 CEUs. The cost to attend is $65, and breakfast and lunch are included. To register for this professional workshop, visit the Elements Behavioral Health events page or call (866) 825-1104.
About The Ranch
Since 1997, The Ranch has provided comprehensive therapeutic programs that treat the underlying causes of eating disorders, addictions and other self-defeating behaviors. The Ranch offers innovative therapies to address the multidimensional aspects of the whole person while teaching personal accountability in a safe, nurturing, real-life environment. Located on a working horse ranch in the beautiful rolling hills of Nunnelly, Tennessee, The Ranch offers programs with a variable length of stay, which allows each client to anchor new recovery behaviors needed for lasting change. For more information about The Ranch, visit http://www.recoveryranch.com or call (866) 822-7159.
The Ranch is part of Elements Behavioral Health, a family of behavioral health care programs that includes Promises Treatment Centers, The Recovery Place and the Sexual Recovery Institute. Elements offers comprehensive, innovative treatment for substance abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, eating disorders and other mental health disorders. We are committed to delivering clinically sophisticated treatment that promotes permanent lifestyle change, not only for the patient but for the entire family system. For more information about Elements Behavioral Health, visit http://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com.