New York, NY (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
IvanExpert (http://www.ivanexpert.com), a New York City-based IT consulting firm that provides onsite technology support to individuals and business owners, released data indicating that individuals and small business owners are entering 2012 with a purchasing mindset when it comes to technology. Notably, survey results show that for both individuals and business owners, the demand for Mac products far exceeds the demand for any other category of products, including Windows PCs, Androids, and Blackberrys.
The survey data revealed the following:
- Three quarters of individuals surveyed said they plan to make technology purchases in 2012.
- Of those who plan on purchasing computers, the number one purchase that individuals plan to make this year is a Mac laptop followed by an iMac.
- In terms of mobile devices, 61 percent of individuals plan to purchase an iPhone. The demand for iPads is also at the front of the list, and is significantly greater than the demand for Android, Kindle or other mobile or tablet devices.
The survey data for business owners mirrored a similar trend:
- Roughly 70 percent of business owners said they plan to make technology purchases in the coming year.
- As with consumer data, Mac laptops and iMacs are the most in demand in the category of hardware, followed by the demand for Windows PCs.
- iPads and iPhones are also the most sought-after mobile devices by business owners, with the data showing a slightly greater demand for iPads than for iPhones. Blackberrys and Kindles were lowest on the list of purchases that business owners plan to make in 2012.
“The data collected is consistent with what we are seeing from our clients,” said Ivan Drucker, Principal of IvanExpert. “As we start off this year, both business owners and home computer users are showing an increased focus on technology, especially on Apple products. We’re seeing many first-time Mac users, in both homes and small businesses, who fell in love with the iPhone and decided to try out the other products that Apple had to offer.”
About IvanExpert: IvanExpert (http://www.ivanexpert.com) is a New York City-based IT technology and consulting firm. They provide onsite support and advise on how to leverage technology to be more efficient and productive. Caroline Green and Ivan Drucker, Principals of IvanExpert, also write a widely read column for New York Reports on cutting-edge technology trends. For media inquires, contact Caroline Green at caroline(at)ivanexpert(dot)com.