“2011 was a whirlwind of a year,” said Dennis C. Gomes, owner, president and C.E.O. of Resorts Casino.
Atlantic City, NJ (PRWEB) January 23, 2012
From new hotel rooms to a new 1920’s theme to provocative advertising campaigns and one-of a kind entertainment, the all new Resorts Casino Hotel was named the “Casino of the Year” by Philadelphia Daily News and Philly.com out of all New Jersey and Pennsylvania casinos.
Reporter Chuck Darrow said in his article, “Co-owner-CEO Dennis Gomes and his small band of sleep-deprived execs achieved the most important victory of all: Making the oldest legal gambling den outside Nevada relevant again through a seemingly non-stop barrage of marketing and entertainment initiatives.”
“2011 was a whirlwind of a year,” said Dennis C. Gomes, owner, president and C.E.O. of Resorts Casino. “We came into Resorts with the goal of turning around a property that was in decline for a long time and our initiatives were designed to generate a new customer base and offer new amenities for Resorts loyal guests. The entire Resorts team came together in a way I have never quite experienced in this industry and although we still have a way to go, I couldn’t be prouder of our accomplishments. To be chosen as the Casino of the Year over properties like Sands Bethlehem, who was the runner-up and made large capital investments, is really an honor.”
In a short 12-month span, Dennis C. Gomes and his world-class team of executives have orchestrated a number of firsts, not only for Atlantic City but the world, creating a new atmosphere and culture at the all new Resorts Casino Hotel, a few of the 2011 highlights include:
- Creating a new 1920’s theme that builds on both the rich history of Atlantic City and Resorts Casino Hotel
- Opening The Whiskey Bar, Atlantic City’s first whiskey bar
- Creation of marketing campaigns such as the Moonshine Follies that have created significant buzz throughout the industry
- Introducing Atlantic City to Cirque Risque – The Naked Circus, a first for Atlantic City entertainment, paving the way for more adult-centered venues and Los Vivancos, a world-renowned extreme flamenco fusion show
- Bringing David Cassidy and Danny Bonaduce on stage for only the second time ever since their show, and a first for Atlantic City
- Remodeling all of the hotel rooms in the Ocean Tower
- Creating a new player’s club, the Star Card Club for loyal guests
- Opening Night Fever Dance Club – the hottest 70’s & 80’s experience in AC, an initiative that will carry into 2012
- Opened the world’s only gay casino nightclub, Pro Bar
- As the only local owner of a casino, Gomes and his team have been able to create an employee culture that has changed the face of customer service in Atlantic City.
In 2011 we were also awarded with a number of honors, including Pro Bar being voted the number one gay bar outside of Philadelphia and one of two favorite Atlantic City hotels by Philly Gay News, Cirque Polynesian and Cirque Risque shows were called the “best and boldest” by the New York Daily News and the Loosest $100 Slots by Casino Player Magazine.
For more information on Resorts Casino Hotel visit http://www.resortsac.com or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/resortscasino or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/resortscasino. Guests can like Night Fever on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nightfeverac.