MCLEAN, VA (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
Today, ZapThink, a Dovèl Technologies Company, a global Enterprise Architecture, Service-Oriented Architecture, and Cloud Computing advisory, training, and thought leadership firm, announced that it will be running a series of one and two-day training courses on Enterprise Cloud Computing.
Jason Bloomberg, President of ZapThink, will be delivering each course personally. His itinerary currently includes the UK, Singapore, Australia, and India, and will also include South Africa, the Middle East, and other regions.
“Cloud Computing is far more than simply outsourcing your data center,” said Jason Bloomberg, President of ZapThink. “Fully leveraging the Cloud requires an architecture-focused, enterprise-centric approach that places Cloud resources into the context of enterprise IT.”
The Enterprise Cloud Computing course covers the following material:
- Cloud service and deployment models
- Enterprise Architecture & The Cloud
- Cutting through vendor hype
- Relationship between Cloud & SOA
- Type 1 and Type 2 virtualization
- Traditional, para, full, OS, and hosted virtualization
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Workloads, Pods and Cloud Control Systems
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS: Strategies & Caveats. Options. Strategies, and Key Players
- Cloud Configuration
- The role of DevOps
- Cloud Security
- Cloud Governance
- Big Data & The Cloud
- MapReduce & Hadoop
- BASE and data consistency
- Building a RESTful Cloud
- High performance computing in the Cloud
- Architecting for Failure
- Availability Zones and disaster recovery
- The future of the Cloud
The course also includes several case studies and exercises.
All attendees will receive the following benefits:
- A clear, vendor-independent understanding of Cloud Computing
- The tools and expertise necessary to put together a Cloud roadmap and migration plan for their organizations
- Multi-tenancy, including real-life case studies
- An understanding of how to place the Cloud into the context of their current Enterprise Architecture
The current international training schedule is as follows:
- Enterprise Cloud Computing (Two day), Singapore, February 23 - 24.
- Enterprise Cloud Computing (Two day), Australia: Sydney February 27 - 28 & Melbourne February 29 - March 1.
- Enterprise Cloud Computing (One day), India: Delhi March 5, Mumbai March 6, Hyderabad March 7 & Bangalore March 8.
- Cloud Computing for Architects (Two day), London, UK, March 15 - 16.
As a recognized authority and master of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Architecture, and architectural approaches to Cloud Computing, ZapThink (http://www.zapthink.com) provides its global audience of public and private sector enterprises with practical advice, guidance, and education, to assist in creating an architecture that meets business needs. ZapThink offers a clear roadmap for standards-based, loosely coupled distributed computing – a vision of IT meeting the needs of the agile business.
ZapThink’s flagship offering is the Licensed ZapThink Architect (LZA) course, which provides training and certification on SOA & Cloud Computing around the world. ZapThink has certified over 1,500 individuals to date, and continues to offer an expanded LZA curriculum. Outside of the classroom, ZapThink publishes the ZapFlash Newsletter. Distributed to over 20,000 subscribers, this newsletter provides perspective on technology trends and implementations of cutting edge IT solutions.
In August 2011, Dovèl Technologies acquired ZapThink LLC as part of its continuing strategy to expand its scope, capabilities, and thought leadership in SOA, Cloud Computing and related technologies. ZapThink is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Dovèl Technologies. By joining with Dovèl, ZapThink is able to draw on the expert resources within the company and their real-world experience in implementing Cloud and SOA in federal systems. This expanded pool of talent and experience enriches the training experience and allows ZapThink to create more customized courses to further educate the market on the realities of SOA and Cloud.
About Dovèl Technologies
Dovèl Technologies provides high-end software and application development to government clients. Dovèl is recognized as an industry leader in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), using the approach to create low-impact approaches to process, communicate, and store mission critical information. Clients include Food and Drug Administration, Department of Defense, U.S Census Bureau, Department of Education, and the Federal Aviation Administration. Dovèl has been appraised at CMMI level 3 and its annual quality report receives accolades from industry leaders such as Capers Jones, who has listed Dovèl in the category of “Companies That Utilize Best Practices” along with IBM, Amazon, Google, and Apple. To learn more visit http://www.doveltech.com.