"Adventure isn’t limited to elite professionals ripping down moguls, riding big waves, or scaling the world’s highest summits. Its an attitude everyone can have - a mindset that begins with that first step into something unknown,” said Jonny Moseley.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
Zozi, the leading marketplace for distinctive experiences and getaways today announced the launch of the innovative zozi Guru™ platform. Customers now have access to celebrity expert experiences hosted by the world’s preeminent adventure athletes and lifestyle icons that can be found nowhere else. The following zozi Gurus will be hosting adventures exclusively for zozi customers:
- Jonny Moseley - Olympic gold medal skier & ESPN X-Games silver medalist
- Dean Karnazes - Professional ultramarathon runner; the "fittest man on the planet"; TIME Magazine’s “Top 100 Most Influential People in the World”
- Mireya Mayor - National Geographic Explorer, anthropologist, wildlife expert & author
- Tao Berman - The world's foremost extreme kayaker & three-time world-record holder in extreme whitewater kayaking
- Chris Lieto - Three-time Ironman triathlon champion
- Maya Gabiera - ESPY Female Action Sport Athlete of the Year & preeminent female big wave surfer
- Eric Orton - Natural running coach, profiled in New York Times best-seller "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall
“The zozi Guru platform is making some of the world’s most fascinating adventure athletes and personalities accessible to those who want to experience their passion and expertise first-hand,” said T.J. Sassani, CEO & founder, zozi. “Thanks to this truly one of a kind program, those seeking authentic bucket-list worthy experiences can now connect with true legends for the experience of a lifetime. Imagine shredding through the backcountry alongside Olympic gold medalist Jonny Moseley, safely paddling the whitewater with the most accomplished kayaker in the world, Tao Berman, or getting tailored instruction while running next to the Ultramarathon Man himself, Dean Karnazes. That’s exactly what zozi now enables our customers to do.”
Additional zozi Gurus will be announced on an ongoing basis throughout 2012. Experience availability will vary by season, and prices will start at $1,000.
“Adventure isn’t limited to elite professionals ripping down moguls, riding big waves, or scaling the world’s highest summits. Its an attitude everyone can have - a mindset that begins with that first step into something unknown,” said Jonny Moseley. “Becoming a zozi Guru is an awesome way for me to help people take that first step, and share my passion for my sport with people in a very intimate, real and powerful way.”
Zozi believes everyone should experience all the amazing things this world has to offer through unforgettable experiences like ice climbing frozen waterfalls in the Catskills, introductory flight lessons, diving for abalone, exclusive celebrity and athlete experiences, wine tasting by horseback, and more. Zozi also features distinctive weekend getaways and vacation packages for customers nationwide. Zozi is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York City. For more information, visit http://www.zozi.com.
For additional information, contact:
Public Relations Manager, zozi
For online pressroom: http://www.zozi.com/zoziGuruPress
Examples of zozi Guru Experiences:
*Not all experiences are reflected below. Final details subject to change without notice
Jonny Moseley Experience #1: A Breathtaking Backcountry Skiing Adventure & Apres Adventure in the Sierras
- Embark on an all-day exclusive small group cat-skiing experience in the gorgeous backcountry of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Skiers will spend a day shredding the powdery slopes alongside Jonny, perfecting their technique and form while logging 12,000-14,000 vertical feet in a day. Enjoy the pristine solitude of the Tahoe backcountry. No lift lines. No crowds.
- After a long hard day of skiing, guests will wind down with a backcountry apres-ski around a remote fire pit with hot toddies and scrumptious appetizers.
Jonny Moseley Experience #2: Have an Olympic Gold Medalist As Your Ski Coach for the Day at Squaw Valley
- Train with one of skiing’s best, Jonny Moseley, and work directly with him on your ski technique so you’ll be shredding before lunch time.
- With VIP access, you’ll skip the lift lines and spend more time tackling the famous steeps of Squaw Valley.
- Throughout the day, watch Jonny throw some tricks and learn a few of your own.
- At day’s end, chill out at the hottest apres-ski scene at Rocker Bar. Relive the day’s fun with Jonny and crew over delicious cocktails, hearty appetizers and watch videos recorded throughout on HD flat screens.
Tao Berman – Hit the Whitewater w/ an Intensive Playboating Session at the Truckee River Whitewater Park (Reno, NV)
- Gear up and hit the rapids with world-class kayaker Tao Berman in a day-long playboating experience on your own private fork of Truckee Whitewater Park in Reno, Nevada.
- With an intimate group, enhance your whitewater paddling skills under the guidance of kayaking’s best.
- Throughout the day, watch Tao throw some sick tricks and show you why he’s the world’s foremost extreme kayaker.
- At the end of the day head to Campo, one of Reno’s best restaurants, and dine with some seasonal organic fare and drinks on the outdoor terrace overlooking the Truckee River.
Eric Orton - Learn the Art of Natural Running in the Marin Headlands (Sausalito, CA)
- Learn why we are all “natural born runners” and improve your running performance with elite coach Eric Orton.
- Head out for a beautiful and challenging trail run through the Marin Headlands alongside lush green hills and ocean views.
- Your experience begins with a training session and running form drills on the beach with Eric providing his expertise to transform your running performance.
- Afterwards, enjoy drinks and a healthy organic dinner at Wellington's Wine Bar while the sun sets over the bay in Sausalito.
Dean Karnazes – A Run of a Lifetime Along the Big Sur Coastline (Big Sur, CA)
- Join renowned ultramarathon runner, Dean Karnazes, for the “run of a lifetime” that will transform your running and help you “go that extra mile”.
- In an exclusive small group setting, interact with Dean as he speaks of his own personal experiences, challenges and inspiring stories of perseverance. Learn how to apply Dean’s essential ingredients necessary for high-achievement to enhance your running ability no matter what kind of runner you are.
- Run the gorgeous Big Sur coastline on an 8-mile trail run as Dean sets the pace.
- Afterwards, enjoy a healthy lunch with your new friends with unparalleled coastal views.
Mireya Mayor – A Rugged Overnight Safari Adventure at Safari West (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Join wildlife expert and international explorer, Mireya Mayor, for an African-style safari in the heart of California’s wine country.
- Guests will arrive mid-afternoon to check in to Safari West’s tented-cabins before joining a welcome reception where they’ll hear Mireya’s exciting stories of international exploration and wildlife preservation.
- A unique, behind the scenes tour of Safari West’s primates guided by Mireya will give you an up-close lesson on these playful and intelligent creatures.
- As the sun begins to set, the group will head out to the Sonoma Serengeti in an open-air jeep for a sunset safari guided by Mireya. Guests will see giraffes, zebras, rhinos, cheetahs, lemurs and more while learning about these beautiful animals from an esteemed expert.
- A safari dinner set atop a hill overlooking the wildlife will be served along with traditional sundowners before the group returns to camp. Guests can relax around a bonfire before retiring to their tented cabin for the evening. Breakfast and optional hikes are available in the morning before guests depart.
# # #