San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
BlackBag Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPad forensic software and training solutions, today announced the release of MacQuisition 2012.R1, a powerful 3-in-1 live data acquisition, targeted data collection, and forensic imaging tool. This release marks a comprehensive redesign of BlackBag’s innovative and industry leading Mac OS X forensic imaging solution.
New features include:
- Targeted File Collection - Quickly triage, select, and acquire targeted files, folders, or entire directory structures.
- Live Data Acquisition - Capture volatile user-specific data, system artifacts, and Random Access Memory (RAM) contents from a live system.
- Acquisition and Hash Monitoring - View data acquisition and hash function progress expressed in bytes, percentage complete, and time remaining in real time.
- Thunderbolt Technology Support - Boot from the MacQuisition USB swivel key, and image out to an external drive via the source system’s own USB and Thunderbolt ports.
- Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) Support - Runs on OS 10.5 (Leopard), OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and OS 10.7 (Lion)
“MacQuisition has, for many years, been a dependable forensic imaging tool that our customers can rely on to forensically image Mac computers while avoiding cumbersome and unnecessary take-aparts,” said Derrick Donnelly, CTO for BlackBag Technologies. “This redesign moves MacQuisition well beyond it’s original imaging capabilities, and provides forensic examiners and eDiscovery professionals with a comprehensive tool to quickly triage and target specific files and folders, or acquire a full forensic image if needed.”
MacQuisition is developed by leading Mac forensic analysts as a lightweight, portable tool that forensically images over 185 Mac, iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, and OS X server computer models. MacQuisition 2012.R1 addresses the forensic examiner’s greatest challenge of “too much data and too little time” by adding data triage and targeted file collection capabilities to its already robust full-disk-imaging capabilities.
For more information about MacQuisition 2012.R1, please visit https://www.blackbagtech.com. Visit the BlackBag Technologies blog at https://www.blackbagtech.com/blog to learn more about Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch digital forensics and BlackBag Technologies forensic software and training solutions. To schedule an on-line or on-site demonstration please contact us at sales(at)blackbagtech(dot)com.
About BlackBag Technologies
BlackBag Technologies, Inc. provides Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPad forensic and eDiscovery solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field, and is dedicated to creating flexible and comprehensive software, training, and professional service solutions. BlackBag serves a wide range of clients, including federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as leading private sector security, legal and human resource professionals. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com for more information.
BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
©2011 BlackBag Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.