It has become increasingly important for our customers to fully manage the complete lifecycle of paper records, including the management of physical box pick-up, delivery, recall, and disposition activities.
Geneva, Switzerland (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
RSD, a leading provider of information governance solutions for the enterprise, today announced that their RSD GLASS information governance platform has been extended to support the management of physical box archival and recall logistics. This new capability expands the already extensive capabilities of RSD GLASS in the area of governance of electronically stored information (ESI) and physical records.
“With the explosion of electronic records, much attention has been given to the management of electronically stored information. However, it has also become increasingly important for our customers to fully manage the complete lifecycle of paper records, including the management of physical box pick-up, delivery, recall, and disposition activities. This is particularly important for global organizations and customers with multiple off-site physical storage providers,” commented Bassam Zarkout, Chief Technology Officer, RSD. “RSD GLASS connects corporate governance policies and records management procedures to key physical records storage systems and providers, allowing our customers to govern physical archives stored across multiple warehouses and jurisdictions in a manner consistent and integrated with their governance of electronic records.”
RSD GLASS helps organizations manage corporate risk and improve operational efficiency as they work to achieve compliance with regulations and laws governing enterprise information and records management. RSD GLASS is the first information governance platform to address all phases of the enterprise information lifecycle, enabling enforcement across all physical and electronic records.
RSD GLASS connects to key sources of corporate records, such as electronic content management systems and physical records storage solutions.
Capabilities of RSD GLASS for Physical Records include:
- Easy-to-use interface supporting the creation, management, and validation of jurisdiction-specific information governance policies
- Propagation and enforcement of policies throughout the enterprise, integrated seamlessly with content repositories and physical records storage providers
- Logistics administration to manage types of boxes, storage providers, sites, and contracts
- Logistics operations to facilitate collecting boxes from users and distributing boxes to/from warehouse, including the complete management of the storage container
- Management and enforcement of Service Level Agreements between logistics and storage providers
- Executive dashboards for measuring and overseeing governance program and ensuring departments are compliant when sending records off-site
- Systematic and audited policy enforcement over heterogeneous, distributed repositories
- Open architecture to integrate with existing physical records management systems
“As with electronic records management, there is often a disconnect between policy definition and enforcement across physical archives,” Zarkout continued. “Our customers need a solution that closes the records management loop providing faster and more efficient access to paper records. One of our customers has over 450,000 boxes of physical archives stored in across various warehouses and we are happy to allow customers to leverage existing investments in 3rd party providers while deploying one governance solution to ensure compliance.”
Founded in 1973 in Geneva, with affiliates in New York, London, Paris, Boston, Zurich and Madrid, RSD helps companies meet the growing challenge of information governance by providing market-leading products for business information delivery, content and records management, and document archiving and retrieval.
RSD solutions are used in more than 1,200 installations worldwide, including a majority of the Fortune 500. Today RSD supports millions of users, and offers its innovative products and services in more than 26 countries around the globe – both directly and through strategic business partners.
# # #