New York, NY (PRWEB) January 24, 2012
OpenLink Financial LLC (OpenLink), a leading provider of cross-asset trading, risk management and operations processing software solutions, announced today initiatives focused on accelerating compliance with Dodd-Frank regulatory milestones scheduled for 2012.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act makes significant changes to regulation of the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives market, with the goals of improving transparency, reducing systemic default risk, and promoting market integrity. OpenLink is dedicated to addressing the impact this will have on financial institutions – including regulatory reporting requirements, position limits, and OTC central clearing.
Phil Wang, SVP of Product Management at OpenLink, noted, “Our suite of regulatory compliance solutions will enable clients to leverage their previous technology investment in OpenLink to comply with these new requirements and the accompanying changes that will transform the derivatives trading landscape. The goal has been to facilitate compliance with cost-efficient solutions that can be rapidly deployed and flexible enough to adapt to forthcoming changes as they are introduced.”
Highlights of OpenLink’s Dodd-Frank compliance initiatives include:
- Dodd-Frank Regulatory Compliance Reporting Package – a suite of reports for regulatory reporting, including the CFTC Large Trader Report for Physical Commodity Swaps.
- CFTC Position Limits Monitoring – real-time limit monitoring to comply with CFTC position limits in aggregate for both OTC and exchange-traded products.
- Swap Data Repository (SDR) Reporting – gateways for real-time reporting to SDRs available by asset class. Alternatively, standard FpML and FIX gateways can facilitate internal connectivity initiatives.
- OTC Clearing Workflows – OpenLink’s trade processing workflows have been extended for the lifecycle of OTC cleared derivative products, from execution, to confirmation, matching and clearing. Connectivity options to CCPs and clearing houses are also available.
- Margin Analytics for Cleared Swaps – analysis tools for the calculation, validation and reconciliation of initial margin for cleared derivatives. This will be essential for assessing impacts on liquidity and collateral as well as improving the operational efficiency of portfolio reconciliation and margin management processes.
OpenLink is committed to staying at the forefront of Dodd-Frank regulatory reform, working closely with clients, regulatory agencies, clearing houses, clearing members, service providers and trade data repositories to keep pace with the rapidly evolving derivatives landscape. OpenLink continues to provide leading technology solutions for the energy and financial services markets with its suite of Dodd-Frank regulatory compliance solutions.
Founded in 1992, OpenLink provides decision support software solutions for transaction lifecycle management. This encompasses financial and physical cross-asset trading, risk management, related operations processing and portfolio management for commodity, energy and financial services markets and industries globally.
OpenLink's client base of more than 540 clients worldwide includes 12 of the top 25 largest commodity and energy companies by market capitalization, eight of the largest financial institutions and 11 of the largest central banks, as well as major hedge funds, commodities companies and public utilities.
Headquartered on Long Island, New York and with offices in New York City, Houston, Dallas, Tulsa, London, Berlin, Vienna, São Paulo, Sydney, Singapore, Moscow, Toronto, and Dubai, OpenLink has more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
# # #