Orlando, Fla. (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
Back9Network will converge on the PGA Merchandise Show this week in Orlando, Fla. where it will give the industry a sneak peek of its original programming, first look at the set of The Scorecard, its signature daily studio show and the opportunity to meet with celebrities and network executives. Slated to make its television debut in late spring, Back9 is the world’s first multimedia lifestyle and entertainment golf destination with its mission to offer entertaining and edgy content that fuses the sport of golf with the exciting lifestyle that surrounds it.
The network also announced the addition of NBA Champion and 10-time NBA All-Star Ray Allen to its Board of Directors. Allen joins Back9Network’s impressive board which includes Paul J. Spengler, EVP of Pebble Beach Company, Michael Michigami, President of MMM Business Advisory Services, Jim D. Wehr, President and Chief Executive Office of The Phoenix Companies, Inc., Greg Hopkins, CEO of Cleveland Golf/Srixon and Executive Director of SRI Sports Ltd., and Paul Pendergast, Interim Athletic Director at the University of Connecticut.
“A major appeal of golf is the lure of the golf lifestyle, something that has been largely untapped in the media industry until now. By providing content that highlights the fun, hip and sexy aspects of golf, we are creating a brand new destination that reaches a highly coveted audience through our dynamic mix of entertaining and unconventional programming,” said James L. Bosworth, CEO of Back9Network. “We are also excited to welcome Ray Allen to our outstanding Board of Directors. With his fresh perspective and passion for golf, Ray shares in our mission to create multi-platform programming that can be enjoyed by all golf fans.”
Prominently positioned on the main floor of the PGA Merchandise Show, the set of The Scorecard will serve as the backdrop for the network throughout the week. The network’s signature show provides a daily fusion of news, sports and pop culture presented in an irreverent and fast-paced format. Back9 will debut an additional 10 pilots that showcase its wide-ranging programming line-up with a mix of original programming such as celebrity profiles, reality shows and comedic series in and around the sport of golf. Shows include:
- Extreme Golf: Celebrities and athletes go head-to-head on the wildest golf holes imaginable, from holes that are five miles long in the middle of the desert to urban golf holes on the tops of buildings.
- You’re So Money: LPGA star and runway model Anna Rawson will go one-on-one with athletes, celebrities and noted business leaders who have successfully combined their professional and personal passions to live the golf lifestyle.
- Lucky Me with Jackie Flynn: Comedian/actor Jackie Flynn takes his blue-collar, wise guy attitude to the fanciest golf courses in the world and relishes in his reception.
- Hole Lotta Love: While many relationships end because of an uncontrollable golf obsession, can a relationship start on the golf course? Bachelors and bachelorettes will find out as they play with three dates and eliminate one at each hole until a winner for a final fantasy date is chosen.
- Beer Cart Girl: An episodic comedy starring the beer cart girl at a local, mediocre public course. Home from college for the summer, hilarity ensues as she deals with golfers of all kinds and a motley staff at the course.
Joining network executives will be on-air talent as well as LPGA golfer Christina Kim who will be doing a book signing of her autobiography Swinging from My Heels: Confessions of an LPGA Star, singer Javier Colon, winner of NBC’s The Voice, and entertainer Flavor Flav.
Back9Network will be the premier multimedia lifestyle and entertainment destination for golf fans globally. It is being constructed on a state-of-the-art, multi-platform digital system, providing simultaneous distribution over the Internet and mobile devices. As much a lifestyle network as a sports channel, Back9 will differ from its competitors by focusing on the intrinsic “story” of the sport and examining the players and the world in which golf resides. The network plans to be broadcasting by late spring in 2012. For further information, visit http://www.back9network.com or direct correspondence to 30 Lewis Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06103. Call 860-560-7671.