Andover, MA (PRWEB) January 26, 2012
Omtool, Ltd. (OMTL.PK), the trusted provider of document process automation solutions for the legal industry, today announced that during LegalTech New York, it will be showcasing its document-driven solutions designed to address the challenges of law firms of all sizes.
Based on many years of experience in working with law firms, legal departments and public legal offices, Omtool clearly understands the daunting challenges firms face trying to deal with day-to-day paper overload. While paper is simply not going away, Omtool has proven their solutions are able to improve document-related processes and more effectively handle all the paper.
Omtool AccuRoute®, is the extensible platform for the deployment of document process automation solutions, created specifically with the needs of law firms in mind. Omtool has dedicated years of engineering to their highly scalable and flexible platform to provide solutions that tightly integrate with virtually all legal document management systems, litigation support systems, financial applications, cost recovery systems, and enterprise fax. The capabilities of AccuRoute, when coupled with network-connected scan devices or multi-function printers (MFPs), deliver document-driven solutions to overcome even the most difficult document-related challenges.
The following Omtool legal solutions will be showcased at LegalTech NY and have demonstrated successful results in the legal market:
Electronic Case Files
- The challenge: Locating documents when and where they are needed is difficult and time-consuming. One firm had to send specific alerts and messages throughout the firm daily in order to locate the documents they needed.
- The solution: A strategic commitment to a solution that builds electronic files for every case including correspondence, pleadings, evidence, and materials from opposing counsel.
- The result: In addition to significant hard dollar savings, attorneys save valuable time and client representation is much more effective and efficient.
- The challenge: e-filing requires long hours of document preparation that involves formatting and sizing documents to court-defined requirements.
- The solution: A document process automation solution that converts documents to the correct format (often PDF/A) and insures documents are submitted according to size restrictions while simultaneously storing a copy in the firm’s document management system.
- The result: Save hours of time in document preparation and significant costs for submitting documents to court and strengthen document accessibility by having a copy profiled into the DMS.
Vendor Invoice Processing
- The challenge: Processing invoices is a very manual and paper-intensive process that directly impacts client expenses and consumes valuable firm resources.
- The solution: Automate the process of vendor invoice handling with document capture and process automation solutions that integrate with financial systems found in law firms.
- The result: The streamlined processing of vendor invoices delivers a quicker time to revenue, and provides immediate information accessibility and transparency, throughout the firm.
- The challenge: Traditionally, docketing departments have independent systems and often proprietary platforms that make processing inbound documents very resource intensive and time-consuming.
- The solution: Integrate docketing information systems and previously independent workflows into a single, simple process.
- The result: Save the docketing team hours of time daily and avoid attorneys and paralegals from having to search through piles of paper to find the appropriate correspondence.
- The challenge: Storing hard-copy records is expensive and accessibility to those documents is extremely difficult.
- The solution: Implement a document capture and routing solution that integrates electronic files, and other electronic forms of paper-based documents into matter-centric or records management systems.
- The result: Firms using AccuRoute have achieved 50 percent reduction in storage space and saved over $1 million in storage-related costs.
Integrated Fax Communications
- The challenge: Traditionally, fax communications have been a costly, isolated system for firms.
- The solution: Leverage a document capture platform with integrated enterprise fax, existing FOIP infrastructure, and networked MFPs, to create one system for all document-based communications.
- The result: Significant cost savings through the removal of analog fax lines, antiquated hardware, and having only a single streamlined system to support and manage.
Through its innovative solutions, Omtool has been able to address all these challenges and more.
While at LegalTech, in booth #234, Omtool will demonstrate and discuss how its document process automation products can be leveraged to create solutions for the document-related challenges in firms of all sizes.
With 20 years of leadership in document-related technologies, Omtool is helping the world's largest corporations and companies with document-intensive processes, cost-effectively solve their document process automation problems. Omtool's award-winning solutions are built upon an expanding platform of secure and scalable document capture, processing, delivery, and archive capabilities. Omtool customers include some of the world's largest financial institutions, hundreds of healthcare providers and legal firms, and companies across virtually every industry. By partnering with Omtool, our customers reduce the costs, complexity, compliance risks, and environmental footprints associated with critical business processes that involve paper documents. Based in Andover, Mass., with offices in the United Kingdom, and with world-class global customer support, Omtool can be contacted at 1-800-886-7845 or at http://www.omtool.com.
Follow Omtool on Twitter at http://twitter.com/omtool
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding Omtool's future financial and operating performance; customer interest in and acceptance of Omtool's products; long-term sales strategy; distribution channels; and the future plans of Omtool's management. These forward-looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, and are subject to risk and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations set forth in these forward-looking statements, including but not limited to, risks associated with Omtool's business, including introduction of new product offerings, concentration of all products in the electronic document exchange market, focus on specific vertical markets; Omtool's strategic focus on new vertical markets; and those other risk factors described in Omtool's periodic reports and registration statements as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Reported results should not be considered an indication of future performance. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Omtool undertakes no responsibility to update any such forward-looking statements.